Employers & Recruiters
Venue Manager | Golding Wines
52 Western Branch Road
Lobethal, SA 5063
08 8389 5120
Management / Executive
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
From $75,000 To $85,000
Full Time - Permanent
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Golding Wines is a progressive and dynamic family owned winery situated at Lobethal, high in the picturesque Adelaide Hills of South Australia. In addition to our range of award-wining wines and a popular cellar door, we host numerous weddings, prestigious corporate functions and private events throughout the year, together with casual lunch dining.
With ongoing growth, our business now requires the appointment of a Venue Manager, able to provide exceptional experiences for our guests through overall management of our first class facilities. Business Development a very important aspect of this role, as is working closely with the MD and management team to ensure the integration of Venue Management with the other operations of Golding Wines. This is a diverse management level role and will suit someone wanting to take the next step in their Hospitality management career.
The Role is responsible for:
- Overall management of the Function Centre through direct reports responsible for Cellar Door, Weddings, Functions, Major Events and Food and Beverage service including Kitchen operations
- Facilities development and maintenance
- Business Development for all GW events, working closely with the joint Managing Directors
We really need you to have:
• At least 5 years of relevant venue management experience, managing a multi-faceted team
• At least 5 years working as part of a management team
• A significant Business Development track record
• Food & Beverage management experience
• Excellent written and spoken literacy skills
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite
• Rostering experience
• Ability to work flexible times if required
And ideally we’d also like you to have:
• Tertiary level Hospitality or other relevant qualifications
• Wine Industry experience
• Current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (RSA)
• Facilities/grounds management experience
When representing Golding Wines, our expectation is that your personal presentation will be exemplary. You will need to be an enthusiastic, well-organised team player with the ability to be spontaneous while at the same time remaining focussed on long term outcomes, flexible yet reliable. A key focus will be leading and managing your team to ensure that all team members, including casual food and beverage staff, are adequately trained and energised to produce exceptional customer service results.
Golding Wines offers a friendly, professional, safe working environment, all surrounded by a stunningly beautiful Adelaide Hills garden. Remuneration (package circa $80,000 plus Super) will be industry-competitive and dependent on your level of experience and qualifications for the role. Other benefits include a generous wine allowance, flexibility in working arrangements and provision of laptop computer, and mobile phone.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter in confidence via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above, attention Christine, by COB Wednesday 3 October 2018. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Employer Contact Information
52 Western Branch Road
Lobethal SA 5063
View All Jobs From This Employer
Golding Wines is a dynamic family owned vineyard and cellar door, situated near Lobethal in the Adelaide Hills.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2018
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD