2018 Vintage Cellar Hands and Laboratory Technician
470 Mitchellstown Road
Nagambie, VIC 3608
03 5736 2222
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Casual
Light Domestic Travel
Mitchelton Winery, located in the Goulburn Valley, 90 minutes north of Melbourne CBD and 40 minutes south of Shepparton, Victoria, is seeking experienced Vintage Cellar Hands and a Laboratory Technician to join the team for the 2018 Vintage.
We plan to crush approx. 2500 tonnes during the 2018 harvest from fruit sourced from Mitchelton Estate, Heathcote and other cool-climate regions.
You will be involved in all aspects of the winemaking process from grape receival through to preparation of wines for bottling. During Vintage, you will be required to work shifts of 10-12 hours per day, six days a week with one rostered day off per week.
You will possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a cohesive team environment. Applicants who have at least 2 years’ of previous vintage experience, forklift experience and hold a current forklift licence will be highly regarded.
Mitchelton Winery intends to welcome our Vintage team in February 2018, with an estimated finish in late April 2018, subject to harvest conditions and Vintage activities.
Only candidates with unlimited Australian legal working rights will be considered for these positions.
To be considered for these roles you must have:
• Legal entitlement to work in Australia (Australian/NZ citizenship or residency, or valid work Visa)
• Prior Vintage experience essential
• Unwavering commitment to the safety of yourself and others
• A level of fitness required for the rigours of Vintage
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work flexible hours and shift work
• Own transport and be able to organise own accommodation
• Commitment to making great wine and have fun doing it
At Mitchelton, our people are our most valuable asset and we all share a passion for the industry. We are proud to offer you:
• A rare opportunity to join the Mitchelton team
• A beautiful location with great conditions and an inspiring team
• A unique opportunity to be a part of the 2018 Vintage
You will be rewarded with an hourly rate commensurate with your experience, skills and contribution, in addition to a supportive and collaborative working environment.
If you are interested in joining the team please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter using the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button above.
Employer Contact Information
Mitchelton's team works in harmony with the land to unlock the best from individual blocks. Key to this is innovation and attention to detail in the vineyard and the winery.