Food Safety Systems Coordinator
162 Cross Keys Road
Salisbury South, SA 5106
08 8182 1813
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
An exciting opportunity exists for a well-rounded Food Safety Systems Coordinator to join our team in a fulltime capacity. Reporting to the Technical Manager, the role will be the custodian of quality by implementing and maintaining quality and food safety systems, procedures and processes for production and is responsible for the Company's document management system, PMF (Product Master Files), the coordination of internal and external audits, and liaison with external parties where applicable.
To be successful in the role you will need to apply your strong technical capabilities to partner with operational teams to ensure full compliance in quality and food safety for national and international standards.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Receive and distribute audit standards and other requirements to relevant personnel in relation to external audits
• Coordinate investigations and improvement projects from the analysis of, consumer/customer complaints, Non-conformances, NCR's procedures and systems review, testing and audits
• Control all nonconformance reports and undertake remedial action
• Ensure compliance to SQF, WQA, Coles , HACCP and other standards
• Assist in the maintenance and implementation of systems and control of cross linked Quality processes across all regional sites
• Manage contract pack customer's technical specifications and requirements
• Manage and continue to develop systems that ensure product integrity for new products being introduced to the manufacturing process
• Develop and deliver the required training modules and programs as per needs analysis
• Manage and oversee the documentation system
• Ensure all quality control documentation is compiled and completed
To succeed in this position you will have the following experience and attributes:
• A tertiary qualification in microbiology, food science or a related discipline
• A minimum of 4 years' quality and food safety systems experience
• Understanding and ability to manage and train key stakeholders in HACCP, GMP and other standards
• Experience with implementing and auditing Quality and GFSI recognised food safety standards
• Practical implementation of food legislation requirements
• Expertise in food microbiology and GMP will be highly regarded
• Exposure to Food and/or Beverage manufacturing is essential
• Experience with lean manufacturing principles will be highly regarded
• Effective project, people and time management skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills to provide correct guidance for business decision
• Excellent reporting skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
162 Cross Keys Road
The Bickfords group is an independently owned collection of companies based in Adelaide, South Australia. From humble beginnings back in 1839, we now have a footprint in over 39 countries.
The team at Bickford’s are proud to offer the highest quality beverage products to consumers, bringing them both tradition and cutting edge innovations. Everyone at the Bickfords group of companies strive to deliver upon the corporate values of integrity, empowerment, collaboration, pride and passion.
The Bickford’s Australia business unit focuses on the non-alcohol portfolio and includes Australia’s number 1 premium cordial range, originally produced in 1874 and a treasured part of Australia’s heritage. Known for our prize winning cordials and traditional style sodas, the range has grown to include a unique portfolio of contemporary and traditional products including premium juices, soft drinks and syrups. The values of quality and integrity that formed the original Bickford’s vision remain true today and exist in every Bickford’s product.
Vok is our alcohol beverage unit. It has consistently been one of Australia’s fastest growing beverage companies. We own and manufacture a highly awarded portfolio of brands across wine, cider, spirits and ready to drink products. Vok has built a reputation for building brands and returning brands to growth.