Irrigation Supervisor - Barossa Valley - Casella Family Brands
Casella Family Brands
Barossa Valley, SA
02 6961 3000
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
The Irrigation Supervisor will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of all irrigation infrastructure located in the Barossa area including scheduled watering and fertigation, ensuring that all programs are completed on time. The position will report to and work closely with the Vineyard Manager to ensure the production yield targets and desired fruit quality is achieved.
You will also be responsible for the coordination of all irrigation servicing, repairs and maintenance, trouble shooting and coordinating all key maintenance aspects of the irrigation system. This position requires someone who has a strong understanding of vineyard production and has the ability to forward plan throughout the seasons.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Scheduling of irrigation and fertigation programs
• Ensuring efficient running of the irrigation system
• Monitor soil moisture, nutrition and health.
• Maintaining accurate irrigation and fertilizer records
• Monitoring total irrigation system pumps and maintenance
• Trouble shooting irrigation issues and conducting maintenance and repairs
• Safe and correct storage, handling, mixing and transportation of chemicals and fertilisers ensuring attention to correct dosages to optimise vine growth
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Qualifications in Horticulture and / or Agriculture and or a work history that highlights irrigation management in a similar operational environment. ChemCert Certification required
• Experience with planning irrigation programs
• Experience in providing advice to management and the ability to communicate at all levels
• Mechanical aptitude that highlights experience maintaining and repairing irrigation systems
• Sound computer literacy skills and experience with irrigation control systems
• Experience in Work Health and Safety and a commitment to maintain and improving safe work practices
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Casella Family Brands
1471 Wakley Road