Employers & Recruiters
Cellar Hand Grade 3
525 Langhorne Creek Road
Belvidere, SA 5255
08 8536 4533
Application Closing Date
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
POSITION TITLE: Cellar Hand Grade 3
REPORTS TO: Chief Winemaker and Cellar Manager
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Winemaking Team, Cellar Manager and Laboratory Staff
• To ensure that all processing operations are carried out in a manner that maintains the quality and integrity of wine.
• To ensure that all cellar operations are carried out in accordance with workplace instructions and that situations resulting in wine loss due to poor workplace practice are prevented
• Carry out all cellar operations in a safe and efficient manner meeting company Quality, Food Safety and Work Health and Safety (WHS) standards.
• Ensure that housekeeping practices are carried out according to company standards and expectations
• Meet company expectations in relation to standards of punctuality, attendance and teamwork.
• Work as part of a team to achieve the best possible result
• Vintage tasks may include, Crush and Press Operation, pump over’s, transfers, additions and sanitation of tanks and lines.
• Other tasks may include, filtration, barrel work, inert gas handling
• Multi functioning may be required when it does not risk effecting equipment or wine quality
Housekeeping and Maintenance
• Maintain a safe and tidy working area for yourself and fellow employees
• Returning all equipment, fittings and lines following use
• Ensure all pumps lines and fittings are in a satisfactory physical and biological condition before starting
• Reporting any breakdowns of equipment to relevant person.
• Wear required Personal Protective Equipment as set out in Standard Operation Procedures
• Reduce and eliminate wine loss
• Report any wine loss or loss in wine quality to relevant person.
• Read work notes prior to starting jobs and if any questions, consult relevant person or Standard Operating Procedures.
• Complete and sign off work notes promptly once jobs are complete
• Present for duties with sufficient time to start work at the prescribed time
• Notify relevant person directly and promptly in the event of an unplanned absence from work.
• Undertake relevant training
• Carry out regular physical work on a day to day basis
• Able to work shift work and longer hours during vintage period.
• Ensure compliance with all WHS policies and procedures.
• Participate in regular WHS meetings
• Maintain familiarity with Belvidere Standard Operation Procedures
• Participate in the implementing and improvement of Belvidere Operating Procedures and WHS policy
• Report and hazards or near misses promptly to relevant person
• Wear appropriate clothing and PPE for tasks
• Maintain a reasonable care for yourself and others within the workplace
• Minimum of four years winery experience in similar role.
• Fluent in English.
• High risk license.
• Current driver’s license.
• Able to work unrestricted in Australia.
Employer Contact Information
525 Langhorne Creek Road
Belvidere SA 5255
View All Jobs From This Employer
Belvidere Winery is lcoated in Strathalbyn, in the Langhorne Creek wine region of South Australia's Fleurieu Peninsula.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2019
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD