Event and Conference Manager - Chateau Tanunda
9 Basedow Road
Tanunda, SA 5352
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
We are seeking an experienced Event and Conference Manager to join our dynamic team and be a key role in our Estate team.
Chateau Tanunda is a previous winner of SA Wine Tourism Award and our atmospheric cellar door has just had a major upgrade. Our awe-inspiring 40-acre Estate provides up to 13 individual (indoor and outdoor) spaces with the capacity to host over 1000 guests.
Positioned in the heart of the Barossa Valley's Tanunda township, with incredible sweeping views over the Barossa Valley, the heritage Chateau is a truly unique and atmospheric venue and includes a sports oval that can support concerts. Two 4-bedroom guesthouses can be booked for groups. Our focus is on conferences, events and weddings, ensuring that wine tasting experiences or a tour of the estate wines is an important element included in our events.
Chateau Tanunda has an international reputation for outstanding world-class wines, is family owned, and has modern winemaking excellence based on old-vine vineyards, European-Australian heritage and an unrivalled history and legacy, in its estate and buildings.
We are in an exciting period as we continue to grow. Our culture is based on Customer Service Excellence, Communication, Proactivity, Professionalism and Quality. We are in a growth period within the business and this is an exciting time to be a part of what we do.
The role requires a positive, highly motivated professional who thrives on delivering a memorable guest experience, reporting to the Tourism and Cellar Door Operations Manager. In this independent role, you will lead event sales from enquiry to contract, be the key contact for our clients in the lead up to events with a focus on planning and executing events to the highest level of service. Ensuring that we continue to deliver exceptional results and that our guests continue to experience outstanding service!
• To handle all groups, meetings & events enquiries for 20 – 1000 pax
• Respond positively to sales opportunities and effectively manage the leads
• Meet and greet guests and conduct effective site visits & client entertainment
• Achieve conference, event and wedding sales in line with targets and sales budgets
• Effective negotiation on rates according to selling strategies
• Actively convert leads into confirmed sales bookings and build a new customer base
• Liaise closely and directly with the clients in the planning stages of conferences, events and weddings
• Maintain excellent working relationships with Estate departments
• Work closely with all key personnel, including caterers, AV and tech providers as well as other outside suppliers and contractors engaged by the client or Estate to provide services execution and ensure clients satisfaction
• Attend trade shows, expos and networking events as required
We are seeking an organised and focused individual motivated to embrace a hands-on role. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in events with a strong interest in wine.
• 3+ years’ experience in events industry or similar role
• Passion for providing an outstanding client experience
• Strong network of potential clients and good local knowledge
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Strong numeracy and communication skills
• Dynamic and responsive with great time management skills
• Ability to build rapport with clients and fellow team members
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends depending on function requirements
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
157 Queenscliff road
A Barossa valley icon making hand-picked, basket pressed and unfiltered wines from our vineyards in the Barossa and Eden Valleys.