Vineyard Operator – Yarra Valley - Handpicked Wines
Yarra Valley, VIC 3775
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Handpicked Wines is an Australian-based producer headquartered in Sydney and with vineyards in the Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula, Barossa Valley and Tamar Valley. We also have long-term partnerships with growers in other wine regions across Australia and overseas.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Vineyard Operator to join our established yet dynamic team, which aspires to walk its own path in the wine industry.
This position is based at our Yarra Glen vineyard, with some travel to other sites in the Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula. You will be a key member of the production team, helping to achieve desired outcomes in yield, quality and sustainability.
You will be responsible for:
• Tractor operations, including spraying, slashing, trimming and harvest
• Infrastructure repairs, including trellis, irrigation, fencing
• Preventative maintenance and simple repairs of tractors and machinery
• Vineyard establishment and reworking
• Crop estimates, maturity sampling, pest & disease monitoring
• Irrigation monitoring and application
The successful applicant will:
• Have significant experience in vineyard or other agricultural operations
• Be able to safely and efficiently use a range of vineyard machinery
• Show a level of mechanical aptitude
• Have an interest in the wine industry
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• Be equally comfortable working alone or as part of a team
• Hold a current drivers licence and chemical users certificate
We offer a competitive remuneration package aimed at attracting the right candidates. Professional development and career progression opportunities will be made available over time.
Please provide a cover letter and CV using the APPLY FOR JOB link above.
For further enquiries, please contact Andrew Butler, Senior Viticulturist, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 0467 371 390.
Employer Contact Information
2632 Frankston-Flinders Rd
Handpicked Wines is an Australian wine producer with a unique business model. Unlike most wineries, we do not limit ourselves to one region or style. Instead, we ‘hand pick’ the world’s best regions and varietals to make wines with a supreme sense of place. This means our winemakers are constantly busy, travelling the world to ensure we produce the highest quality grapes from each and every region. It’s a bold idea, but it works!