Cellar Door Manager - Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
230 Jacksons Road
Blenheim, MBH 7201
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional terroirs within their appellation and our wineries have all broken new ground by pioneering new or forgotten regions, or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough, but also embodies New Zealand's unique luxury: the luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating extraordinary wines that express our place, our heritage and our passion.
Reporting to the Brand Experience manager, we’re looking for a Cellar Door Manager to embody the values of our brand, and to ensure a seamless and outstanding Consumer Experience to all visitors to our Marlborough Visitor Centre, by closely managing the Visitor Center staff, developing our offering and ensuring smooth back- office operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to share both your wine knowledge and your passion for hospitality and crafting memorable customer experiences. Thanks to your team leadership skills, you will support the Visitor Centre’s staff in converting local and international visitors into ambassadors of Cloudy Bay.
Our Cellar Door is open seven days a week, so successful applicants will need to be available to work flexible hours, including weekends and public holidays.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Making sure that the Visitor Centre, as a team, deliver a high-standard service to all visitors in a friendly atmosphere. The customer remains, at all time, at the heart of what we do.
• Implementing good practices of customer service by always challenging the status quo and our offering
• Managing, coaching and constantly developing the Cellar Door team to keep their motivation and performance at the highest level
• Maintaining a positive, open and productive team dynamic and work culture within the Cellar Door team thanks to clear communication and a goal-setting approach
• Working closely with the Cellar Door including by joining them for certain rosters in order to understand and influence the way they work
• Proposing new ideas for an enhanced Visitor Experience from quick wins to larger projects
• Managing the Cellar Door operations including staff rosters, stock management, consumables orders, merchandise development, food control plan, stock take, answering enquiries and complaints
• Managing our summer garden restaurant, the Jack’s Raw Bar, including chefs, service staff and operations
• Being proactive in the approach to health and safety and taking active responsibility in ensuring every Visitor Center team member goes home safely
• Achieving the department financial KPI’s through close monitoring of costs and creating development opportunities
• Handling all cash safely and securely all and managing the security of the building and assets
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Event Management or Hospitality
• Significant experience in the hospitality industry, wine or non-wine related, included staff management and operations supervision in a busy environment
• Significant experience in providing outstanding consumer experience in a premium or luxury environment
• Strong passion for wine, food and hospitality and knowledge of best practices in all areas of service, sales and wine
• Proven experience in converting exceptional experiences into sales
• Strong ability to pragmatically organize priorities and make critical decisions
• A very energetic people leadership, with the ability to lead by example
• People-oriented mindset and team player skills
• Ability to deal with conflicts, stress and challenging situations successfully
• Proven oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent spoken English compulsory; good written English required. Asian language would be beneficial but not required
• A current Managers’ Certificate is desired
• Fire warden qualification is desired
• Basic word, excel processing and printing skills are required
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 12 SEPTEMBER 2019
Employer Contact Information
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
230 Jacksons Road
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.