Vineyard Manager - Dunsborough / Margaret River Region
Dunsborough, WA 6281
Full Time - Permanent
We are seeking an energetic, ambitious and experienced hands-on manager for our large family owned, commercial vineyard & olive grove.
The successful candidate must be passionate about growing quality commercial grapes & olives from our 80 hectare vineyard and 20 hectare olive grove located between Busselton and Dunsborough WA.
The applicant should exhibit the following qualifications
• Suitable Viticultural qualifications
• The ability to co-ordinate and undertake all vineyard & olive work programs in a timely manner with minimal supervision from the owners.
• 5 years of practical vineyard management experience
• Operating knowledge of all vineyard machinery and irrigation
• Responsible for the care & maintenance of the vineyard, reticulation system and related machinery
• The manager will work with staff and contractors and the successful person will need to have strong communication and labour management skills
• They will need to be capable of negotiating and dealing with our current and future off take partners.
• Working knowledge of OH&S regulations and procedures.
• Experience in budgeting and financial performance monitoring
• The ability to get the job done even if not in normal work hours.
In addition it is essential that the right applicant can communicate with the Perth based owners.
Subject to the successful candidates experience, expertise and ability to "value-add" to the business we will reward our manager with an excellent remuneration package.
The package will include quality on farm accommodation suitable for a family with a fully maintained vehicle and telephone.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV, cover letter and references via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.