Experienced Cellar Door Salesperson
Hahndorf Hill Winery
38 Pains Road
Hahndorf, SA 5245
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and hard-working applicant to establish a career at one of South Australia’s top tourism cellar doors, with the option to become Deputy Cellar Door Manager if you prove yourself.
As an experienced Cellar Door Salesperson, you will conduct wine tastings at the counter for individuals and small groups, as well as seated tasting experiences for large groups under our Group Tasting Program.
In tandem with the Cellar Door Manager, you will strive to exceed the daily sales targets, while providing customers with warm and exemplary customer service. You will report directly to the Cellar Door Manager and to the Directors of Hahndorf Hill.
As Hahndorf Hill is a tourism-accredited business with its smooth operation dependent on team members adhering to specific in-house protocols and systems, your role will include assisting the Cellar Door Manager to implement and maintain these supportive protocols and systems.
Your role will also encompass administrative duties, safe and hygienic food preparation, the presentation of platters and ChocoVino (our gourmet chocolate and wine matching experience), plus the normal tasks intrinsic to running an efficient cellar door.
We will train and upskill you in our protocols/systems, in assembling platters, in presenting our various tourism experiences, and in Austrian grape varieties.
• You are an energetic and self-motivated individual who is looking to go places in the wine and tourism worlds.
• You possess excellent communication and customer service skills, are able to multi-task effectively in a fast-moving environment, and can problem solve quickly.
• You have comprehensive wine knowledge and solid, hands-on experience in cellar door operations. You possess demonstrable sales expertise and a proven track record in achieving sales targets.
• You are engaging in personality, are confident in dealing with large groups, and can function both as a team player and as a leader.
• Your organisational and time-management skills are top-notch and you are proficient in writing emails and in working with e-Parcel, Word, Excel and MYOB.
This is a full-time permanent position of 38 hours per week, from Tuesday to Saturday, with working hours of 10am to 5.30pm on weekdays and 9.45am to 5.45pm on Saturdays.
A competitive wage will be offered commensurate with your experience and skills.
Applications close on Monday, May 8, 2017.
Please send your application with current resume to Dee Wright, Cellar Door Manager, via email using the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency and a valid work visa.
Employer Contact Information
Hahndorf Hill Winery
38 Pains Road
Hahndorf Hill Winery is an innovative boutique producer situated outside historic Hahndorf town in the beautiful Adelaide Hills. We specialize in Austrian grape varieties such as Gruner Veltliner, Blaufrankisch and Zweigelt, as well as producing Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, cool-climate Shiraz and a unique Rose. Our cellar door is open seven days a week, and in addition to offering tastings and gourmet platters, we also offer various wine experiences, including ChocoVino, our acclaimed chocolate and wine matching experience based on the concept of terroir, in which our wines are matched to the world's best single-origin chocolates. In the past 10 years our cellar door has won numerous tourism awards, while our wines have excelled in both national and international arenas.