NSW/ACT State Sales Manager
Calabria Family Wines
Sydney, NSW 2000
02 6969 0800
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
The NSW/ACT State Sales Manager for Calabria Family Wines will be responsible for the brands, maintaining regular service to customers within a defined territory, achieve sales targets and meeting required budgets for the NSW/ACT sales team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Liaise with Calabria Family Wines Sales Manager
• Responsible for control and direction of New South Wales/ACT sales force covering distribution to dealers and customers.
• Implements approved marketing policies set by head office
• Promote and build the product knowledge to your customers
• Promote the CFW brand throughout designated area.
• Prepares and manages sales targets and budgets for sales team
• Maintains communication between regions in the State
• Develop strong wine knowledge on all CFW Products
• Continually pursues and develops new business within the State territory
• Provides customer feedback for development of future products
• Provide forecasts for following years sales
• Manages the state budget
• Participates in Sales forecast and feasibility studies for all sales staff
• Negotiates pricing and trading terms with large accounts
• Conduct product training with trade and staff
• Ensures all tools of trade, price lists, trading terms, product reviews, promotional programs are provided to staff.
• Participate in developing teamwork amongst sales team
• Negotiates pricing and trading terms with key NSW accounts and wholesalers. (including Banner groups)
• Ascertains competitor information and other activities and reports to management.
• Prepares regular reports, including complaints
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Relationships: General Public, Marketing Manager, Sales Co-ordinator, Export/Sales Manager and General Manager
Strong sales background,
Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
Product knowledge of wine (WSET 2 or higher)
Performance expectations and performance indicators generally will be defined on an annual basis.
Accountability: To maintain strong sales and budgets
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Calabria Family Wines
1283 Brayne Rd
A vision that became a reality: Calabria Family Wines is a dynamic family-owned company that was established by Francesco and Elizabeth Calabria in the bourgeoning NSW Riverina in 1945. The newly-arrived migrants from Italy came to Australia with a vision of providing a better life for their growing family.
Three generations and 65 years later Calabria Family Wines, one of Australia’s most enthusiastically family-owned wineries, has grown in size and stature to include a state-of-the-art winery in the Riverina, and vineyards both there and in the highly-acclaimed Barossa Valley – one of the world’s great wine regions, revered alongside Bordeaux and the Napa Valley for consistently outstanding vintages over some 150 years.
Today Francesco and Elizabeth’s son, Bill Calabria, his wife Lena and their four children are committed to producing outstanding value-for-money wines - wines that have won them an array of international accolades. And their company’s motto Primus Inter Pare (‘First among equals’) underpins everything the company represents, as the Calabria family have made wine their life and passion - resulting in both 2009 and 2010 with Calabria Family Wines being announced ‘Family Business of the Year.’ Little wonder Calabria Wines embodies all that has made their success story the envy of winemakers around the world.