Bendigo Wine Estate Vineyard Manager
Axedale, VIC 3551
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Bendigo Wine Estate was established in 1998 and is located 6.3km north of Axedale at 682 Axedale-Goornong Road between Heathcote and Bendigo.
The vineyard is nestled on the banks of the Campaspe River in the premier Bendigo wine growing region of Victoria. Bendigo Wine Estate has been producing premium quality wine grapes in the rich soils of the river flats producing wines that are a statement of their environment.
The property consists of 36 hectares of vineyard primarily planted to Shiraz and Cabernet sauvignon with smaller plantings of Merlot, Mataro, Malbec, Chardonnay and Verdelho.
We are offering a rare opportunity to hold a leadership role in overseeing all vineyard tasks and management. A focus on planning and time management is critical for this role. The applicant should be able to demonstrate excellent people management, communication and motivational skills together with proven viticultural knowledge and skills.
• Coordinating and overseeing all general vineyard operations such as canopy management and pruning.
• Pest and disease monitoring, soil moisture monitoring, irrigation system operation and maintenance.
• Coordination of all vineyard maintenance including mowing, weed control, trimming and spraying ensuring all programs are carried out effectively and efficiently.
• Overseeing external vineyard crews to ensure all seasonal parameters are met.
• Good record keeping skills followed up with regular communication.
A current driver’s licence is essential. An understanding of effective O.H&S. programs together with basic computer skills will be required.
Starting date and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be negotiated.
Application together with C.V. should be forwarded to Rachel Gore via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above. Enquiries to rachel on M: 0424 724 409