Employers & Recruiters
Deep Woods Estate
889 Commonage Road
Yallingup, WA 6282
08 9282 5400
Winemaking / Oenology
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
From $75,000 To $95,000
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Deep Woods Estate, established in 1987, is located in the northern corner of the premium wine-growing region of Margaret River in Western Australia and focuses on the production of super premium wines from the region. Annual crush is around 1,500 tonnes focusing on Margaret River’s strengths of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and, of course, Rosé.
Reporting to the Chief Winemaker and General Manager, we are seeking a Senior Winemaker to join our team and work well in a culturally diverse environment. The successful applicant will have the desire to make wines that have an impact on the world stage and continually redefine Deep Woods’ premium winemaking program.
• Assist in blending, tasting and benchmarking activities at Deep Woods or other FWG wineries
• Manage the winery and staff to continue to improve wine quality and efficiencies
• Liaise with the bottling line and vineyard staff as required
• Manage cost adherence to budgets
• Manage all winery maintenance
• Lead the OH&S team
• Assist Chief Winemaker in brand building activities, wine festivals, trade work etc
The successful applicant will possess the following:
• A degree in Oenology or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years winemaking experience in a small to medium winery
• Excellent communication skills
• Previous experience in HACCP and BRC (desirable)
• Experience with winery management software Vinx2 (desirable)
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Deep Woods Estate
PO Box 1982
West Perth WA 6872
View All Jobs From This Employer
Deep Woods Estate located in Yallingup is a member of the Fogarty Wine Group (FWG). FWG is an Australian-based family owned group that owns four wineries located in four different wine regions of Australia, as well as Margaret River’s largest wine processing facility, and a vineyard management business. Deep Woods Estate was the winner of the 2016 Jimmy Watson Memorial Trophy for its 2014 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2017
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD