General Manager Hospitality / Retail
336-364 Maroondah Hwy
Healesville, VIC 3777
03 5962 6111
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Giant Steps Winery is seeking a General Manager for our Hospitality & Retail division, working across two venues based in the beautiful Yarra Valley (Healesville), Victoria, 1 hour east of Melbourne's CBD.
We are rated as one of the top 100 Wineries of the World 2013, 2014 & 2015, 2016 - "Wine & Spirits Magazine"
A rare and fantastic opportunity to take the helm of two amazing venues in a stunning wine region working alongside hospitality & wine gurus.
A highly sought after salary package which exceeds industry expectations.
The position will suit a person with Wine Marketing or WSET qualifications, as well as Leadership and business management experience in hospitality and food production.
Venue 1 - Giant Steps Cellar Door and Restaurant
Wine centric retaurant and retail wine business focussed upon providing informative and mutually profitable wine experiences for existing and new customers.
Venue 2 - Habituel
A young fledgling production based artisan bakery, coffee roaster and cafe producing beautiful produce for consumption on-premise and wholesale.
- Build, grow and lead the teams representing our brand and business
- Maintain standards of product delivery while growing each business
- Control costs, particularly labour, through sound, efficient and systematic business practises
- Prepare budgets (with the CFO) that are realistic whilst challenging, then run and account for the businesses on a monthly basis (with Leadership team, CEO and CFO)
Working with other members of the leadership team (Viticulture, Winemaking, Finance and Sales/Marketing), continue to integrate all members of the business into a businesslike culture that embraces staff and customers in a passionate wine culture.
To be successful in this role you will:
• Be an Australian Citizen or Australian resident
• Own your own car and living within a 45 minute commute of the Healesville township or willing to relocate.
• Have at least 2 years of proven hospitality/ marketing management experience
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Be able to talk about wine and have a sound knowledge of winemaking technniques.
• A sound knowledge of OH&S & WH&S laws
• Previous recruitment & training experience
• Experience in stock handling and POS Management preferred.
• Be available by February 2018.
• Excellent salary package exceeding industry expectation
• Motor vehicle allowance for commutes within a 45 minute radius of the winery
• Working alongside a long standing highly proffesional and positive senior management team.
This role reports directly to the Managiing Director
If this all sounds like you please do apply online using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
All applicants will receive a response within 2-3 weeks of the outcome of their application.
Employer Contact Information
336-364 Maroondah Hwy
Located an hour east of Melbourne in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Giant Steps have forged a reputation for delivering some of the Yarra Valley’s most consistent, over-performing, single vineyard wines.