Accountant - Australian Cooperage Company Pty Ltd
Australian Cooperage Company Pty Ltd
Tanunda, SA 5352
08 8563 1356
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Australian Cooperage Company Pty Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of Independent Stave Company (I.S.C) – a global leader in the production and supply of wine & spirit oak barrels and oak adjunct products.
Located at Henrich Cooperage in Tanunda South Australia. Heinrich Cooperage is an operational manufacturing facility, supported by a dedicated and enthusiastic small administration team.
The brands represented by the sales team are Heinrich Cooperage, World Cooperage, Tonnellerie Quintessence, Tonnellerie Tremeaux, EvOak, TruTan and Custom Blends.
Due to the pending retirement of the incumbent Accountant the opportunity to join our dynamic team has arisen.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful applicant will be hands on, organised and have outstanding communication skills.
• Preparation of monthly financial reports on manufacturing and trading activities of the company.
• Maintain costing and inventory records and reconciliation.
• Respond to internal and external financial reporting requirements including monthly BAS returns (Australia and New Zealand), Income Statements, Balance Sheets, product costing etc.
• Monitor accounts receivable and payable to ensure the timely collection of funds and adherence to terms of trade.
• Cash management, including foreign currency invoicing, banking and intercompany payments.
• Ensure compliance with accounting standards and parent company directives relating to financial matters, internal controls and the integrity of the General Ledger.
• Advise on general human resources (industrial awards and pay rates, competencies and licensing, health and safety, leave etc).
• Contribution to policy and procedure development and maintenance.
• Participate on management projects including but not limited to WH&S, ISO, Inventory management and Capital Expenditure projects.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be detailed and focused by nature
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Bring iniative, leadership and positivity
• Ability to prioritise and meet changing deadlines
• Have a strong knowledge of Reckon Accounts or similar accounting software.
• Have sound IT skills, particularly spreadsheet development.
• Maintain a high standard of professional behaviour.
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Australian Cooperage Company will be offering an attractive salary package, support to further professional development and other benefits. This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and successful company based in the Barossa Valley.
Please send you your application no later than COB 25TH March 2019 to Patrick Schwerdt – General Manager, via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Australian Cooperage Company
59 Basedow Road
Australian Cooperage Company Pty Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of Independent Stave Company.