Assistant Winemaker - 1847 Wines Chateau Yaldara
1847 Wines Chateau Yaldara
159 Hermann Thumm Dirve
Lyndoch, SA 5351
08 8524 0200
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Reporting to the Chief Winemaker, an exciting opportunity exists for a driven and hardworking candidate to take on the assistant winemaking role at Chateau Yaldara/1847.
The candidate will be passionate, diligent, responsible, innovative, focused and possess excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
A minimum of 3 years practical winemaking and EZY wine software experience would be advantageous.
Remuneration will be negotiated with the successful applicant and will be subject to experience & qualifications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Strong participation in Winemaking tasks
o Development and adherence to product specification
o Fruit allocation
o Oak programs
o Stored wine management
o Day to day and long term planning
• EZY Wine updating/maintenance and general winery administrating
• Strong involvement in vineyard liaison and spray diary recording
• Operations scheduling and overseeing general cellar operations in agreeance with Winemaker
• Remain up to date with industry and technology developments
• Liaise closely with Winemaker and cellar hands to ensure overall site workloads are manageable and proficient
• Develop a strong understanding of winery plant, equipment, procedures, systems and staff within the winery and communicate with Winemaker on progress and difficulties.
• Participate in training sessions including conductions sessions
• Develop an understanding of other important winemaking functions from Vineyard operations to bottling.
• Development, maintenance and adherence to SOP’s and WHS procedures and policy’s
• Liaising with contract clients
• Carry out promotional activities as requested
• Other duties as may be required
Skills and experience
• A degree in Oenology, or equivalent qualifications
• Experience in using EzyWine Software
• Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
• Possess Australian citizenship/residency or a valid Australian work visa.
• Possess a valid Australian drivers and forklift licence
A comprehensive position description is available upon request. Medical clearances will be required to be under taken by the successful applicant, prior to commencement of employment. Failure to satisfy these requirements will result in a lapse of employment offer.
Chateau Yaldara 1847 Wines is an equal opportunity employer
Applications Close 31st May 2019
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
1847 Wines Chateau Yaldara
159 Hermann Thumm Drive
1847 Wines Chateau Yaldara is a well-established Barossa Winery with a significant distribution business in China. Having rapidly expanded in the last year, we are now focused on rebuilding our Australian distribution