Assistant Winemaker - Katnook Estate, Coonawarra
15310 Riddoch Highway
Coonawarra, SA 5263
08 8737 0300
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Fixed Term
Katnook Estate is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced assistant winemaker to join our small dedicated team based in Coonawarra. The position is a vintage contract for a minimum of 12 months starting as soon as practical.
Key Responsibilities include
• Liaise with Senior winemaker on work schedules and winemaking programs
• Implement cellar schedules and programs, including staff supervision and training
• Provide leadership, technical direction and support for winery staff
• Ensure legislative and policy compliance in WH&S and wine industry matters
• Maintain & oversee the accurate keeping of winemaking records
• Winemaking qualifications in winemaking / oenology
• A willingness to work overtime to meet necessary timelines
• A current Australian driving license
• Australian residency / or valid Australian work permits
• Experience operating cellar equipment and basic laboratory analysis
• Demonstrate a practical and hands on, approach to winemaking
• Good organization and time management skills
• Experience with “Ezy System” is an advantage
The successful applicant must have qualifications in winemaking / Oenology and several vintages experience. This person must have a good work ethic, good verbal communication and social interpersonal skills. Occasional representation of the company for promotional activities outside of normal hours is required.
All applications in writing by Friday 20th October 17 to Senior Winemaker, Katnook Estate.
Employer Contact Information
PO Box 6
Katnook lies in the heart of the fabled Coonawarra region, South Australia. With a history stretching back to 1867, Katnook has three wines in the prestigious Langton’s Classification of Australian Wines, two Jimmy Watson trophies and a five-star rating in James Halliday’s Wine Companion 2017. We are also the official wine for Opera Australia, the nation's largest arts organisation.