Cellar Door and Events Manager
Level 1, 202 Anson Street
Orange, NSW 2800
02 6361 1112
Full Time - Permanent
Heifer Station Wines is an independently owned vineyard and cellar door located just 10 minutes from Orange’s CBD in Borenore. As well as being home to the Heifer Station Wines brand & vineyard, the property also operates as a working cattle property and farm for our petting zoo.
Our cellar door opened in 2016 and has enjoyed three successful years of growth. Heifer Station is a multi-award-winning boutique wine business operating 7 days a week. We are gold medallists at the regional tourism awards and silver medallists at the NSW tourism awards, in the Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries category. Gourmet Traveller wines Best Small Cellar Door 2017. Winners in the Excellence in Environmental Enhancement award 2017
Cellar door events are held seasonally throughout the year and are an essential part of our growing business.
Due to internal promotion and brand growth we are offering a unique opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Cellar Door & Events Manager to take the reins and continue realising our vision by maximising visitation, sales opportunities and enhancing the customer experience.
• Manage daily operations of cellar door
• Conduct wine tastings and sales
• Coordinate and host VIP and group wine experiences
• Implement, execute, grow and manage all on site events
• Cellar door staff rostering, management and training
• Maintain a high standard of hygiene and presentation, including cleaning and visual merchandising
• Administrative and financial responsibilities as required
EXPERIENCE + ATTRIBUTES
We’re looking for someone energetic and down-to-earth with proven leadership and sales experience as a must. Experience in the wine industry is preferred but not essential. The successful candidate must be organised and able to multi task and prioritise.
We are a small tight knit team with a family atmosphere. We are looking for someone who can fit into our team culture and grow with us long term.
• Previous Cellar Door, Sales and/or Event Management experience
• A current NSW RSA certificate, driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle
• Excellent people management and customer service skills
• Qualifications in business, tourism, management, marketing and events or related disciplines is an advantage.
HOURS + SALARY
This is a full-time position with a five-day working week with standard hours of 9am – 5pm
Weekend, evening and Public Holiday work will be required
An opportunity exists for the right candidate to develop a flexible roster providing the business can accommodate it.
Salary package negotiable depending on experience plus a generous wine allowance and discount structure
Employer Contact Information
Level 1, 202 Anson Street
Relationship and results driven recruitment, across City, Country and Coast.