Cellar Door Manager - De Bortoli Wines
De Bortoli Wines
Pokolbin, NSW 2320
02 6966 0100
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
De Bortoli Wines is one of Australia’s leading family-owned and operated wine companies with extensive national and international markets. Located amongst the vines on our Hunter Valley Estate, our Cellar Door is an integral part of the visitor experience of De Bortoli.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cellar Door Manager to promote brand De Bortoli by providing an experience that showcases the heritage and passion of the family. The key responsibilities of this hands-on role include:
• Actively market and promote the Company's products, services and experiences through cellar door sales and tourism activities and events in the Hunter Valley
• Contribute to the implementation of the company vision and mission in relation to the direct to consumer, cellar door channel.
• Ensure the provision of prompt and courteous service to all De Bortoli customers and visitors
• Develop the skills and capability of the cellar door team to meet visitor demand whilst maintaining outstanding service standards
• Monitor cellar door financial performance and develop commercially sound business opportunities with an emphasis on providing a unique and valuable consumer experience.
• Ensure that all administrative and stock related procedures and processes are carried out in accordance with Head Office requirements and timeframes
• Ensure that any necessary site maintenance is carried out promptly, including maintaining the integrity of site security
The preferred applicant will have an extensive knowledge and awareness of wine styles and trends and be able to effectively share this knowledge with visitors, fellow team members and other Company representatives.
Other key qualities include strong leadership skills, a sound attention to detail, an outgoing personality and hands-on attitude, as well as a passion for the product, people and the wine industry. A current Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate is considered essential whilst relevant studies and formal qualifications in Hospitality/Wine/Management would be highly advantageous for the preferred applicant.
*Please note as a prerequisite for employment, prospective candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening.
Applications close on Friday 18 October 2019
Employer Contact Information
De Bortoli Wines
De Bortoli Road
Family owned De Bortoli Wines is one of Australia's largest private companies. From vineyards throughout Victoria and New South Wales a wide range of premium wines is produced including red and white varietal wines, sparkling wines, fortified wines and the icon wine Noble One Botrytis Semillon, Australia's benchmark sweet white.