Cellar Door / Restaurant Manager - Four Winds Vineyard
Four Winds Vineyard
9 Patemans Lane
Murrumbateman, NSW 2582
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Four Winds Vineyard is seeking a cellar door manager who is passionate about great customer experiences. We have had some great wins since opening the cellar door five years ago and we are looking for the right person to help us continue to grow. This has included winning the Canberra and Region Visitor Experience award for three consecutive years, our CEO was named the Australian Women in Wine Awards owner/operator of the year and our wine labels have won three international design awards since their re-design in 2015. We also ran a successful crowd-funding campaign to expand our winery in 2014 and teamed up with two neighbours to turn 4 tonnes of spare shiraz in to $46,000 for refugees living in Canberra in 2015.
This is a hospitality job 30 minutes from Canberra that includes very few night events (around 10 each year), in a cellar door that sits within the vines and working with a great team. You are a good fit if you are friendly, genuine, reliable, professional and enthusiastic.
To apply send your resume and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
• Consistent and reliable
• Enthusiasm and energy
Location: Four Winds Vineyard Cellar Door, 9 Patemans Lane Murrumbateman NSW 2582
What the job involves:
• Ensuring our customers receive excellent service – every time
• Leading our cellar door team
• Helping to grow our wine club
• Representing the business both on in the cellar door and outside the business in a professional and courteous manner
What we are offering:
• A full-time role with an exciting, growing business in the wine industry Thursday - Monday
• A fast-paced but friendly environment
• A role with room to grow in the business
Why Four Winds Vineyard?
• Love food and wine but it is the people that are the most important part of the equation
• Have endless curiosity
• Figure out how to fix it instead of worrying about who’s to blame
• Do what you say you will do
• Everything we do is about sharing the Four Winds Vineyard experience
• Love our work and customers
• Aren’t afraid to make mistakes
• Care more about your intelligence and values than your experience
• Do what we say we will do
• Love to learn and want to help you learn and grow in the wine industry both personally and professionally.
• A current NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol competency card
• Fluent English (oral and written)
• Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to learn and use new systems (bookings, scheduling etc)
• Good references
Employer Contact Information
Four Winds Vineyard
9 Patemans Lane
We love the simple things; making great wine and wood-fired pizzas.
What started out as one couple’s dream to grow and sell grapes has turned into an inter-generational family business. Four Winds Vineyard now grows grapes, makes wine and has a cellar door on site, so that you can come and sit amongst the vines and enjoy our wines with our delicious wood-fired pizzas.
We understand that great wines are made in the vineyard, so a lot of our energy goes into growing the best grapes. Each year we hand-prune each of our 29,000 vines to ensure each plant has the best start to the season. To allow air and light into the canopy we leaf pluck and shoot-thin through the growing season. Come harvest time we handpick the grapes so that they arrive at the winery in the best condition. We love making wine, and want to ensure we are making the best wines possible for you.
The ‘Four Winds’ Story
The Four Winds Story began with a miner and his wife who lived on the property in a slab-hut. Her name was Scheherazade, after the story telling character in The Arabian Nights. Her favourite story described a magic carpet being borne by the four winds of good fortune. She named this small farm in Murrumbateman ‘Four Winds’ in the hope it would carry their good fortunes. We hope that the four winds carry your good fortunes!