Cellar Door/Wine Tourism Supervisor - Australian Vintage Limited
Australian Vintage Limited
Buronga Hill Winery Silver City Highway
Buronga, NSW 2739
08 8172 8336
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
• FULL-TIME, DYNAMIC AND HIGHLY VISIBLE ROLE IN HUNTER VALLEY WINE COUNTRY
• BUSY TEAM ENVIRONMENT OFFERING EXCEPTIONAL WINE TASTING EXPERIENCES
• GLOBAL BRANDS WITH DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
About the role
The role of the Cellar Door Supervisor is to ensure the smooth and efficient running of our busy cellar door, coaching employees to provide the greatest possible customer service experience whilst driving sales and selling our awarding winning wines range. The role is based in heart of the Hunter Valley and is dedicated to the promotion of the wine tourism.
Some of the key responsibilities/accountabilities for this role are as follows:
• managing a high level of customer service;
• providing active support to the growth of our Wine Club;
• develop innovative new ways to ensure unforgettable interactions through various tastings structures and tours ultimately ensuring sales;
• manage delegated administration and financial responsibilities including cost efficiencies, stock management and roster development;
• drive the acquisition of Wine Club Members and the development of new staff to gain a better understanding of sales, wines and wine clubs;
• execute offsite external dinners and tastings and other events as required and on brand;
• all the while complying with RSA, OHS, DGR Liquor, Consumer and Industrial Relations, and Food Safety legislation.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
• excellent people management and customer service skills;
• a positive, friendly attitude with a good understanding of wine (preferably some WSET training);
• strong problem-solving skills;
• good commercial acumen;
• be an effective team player, hard-working leader who demonstrates initiative and is goal focused;
• a minimum of three years’ experience in either a Cellar Door or Luxury Venue manager and the capacity to lead a team; and
• qualifications in business, management, marketing or a related discipline would be highly regarded.
Applicants must be available to work Wednesday to Sunday.
This role manages front of house sales and wine tourism experience and requires excellent co-operative marketing skills with our many industry tourism partners.
To apply please visit our careers website using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above – only applications received via this website will be reviewed.
Employer Contact Information
Australian Vintage Limited
Buronga Hill Winery
Silver City Highway
Australian Vintage Limited is a leading Australian wine company. Championing a fully-integrated wine business model, the breadth of our capabilities extends to vineyards, boutique and bulk wine production, packaging, marketing and distribution.