Cellar Hand - permanent - Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
230 Jacksons Rd
Blenheim, MBH 7201
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.
We are looking for a skilled Cellar Hand to join the winery team at Cloudy Bay. This opportunity will allow you to contribute to a premium, modern and friendly work environment and develop your skills further with good training and task diversity. Our Cellar Hands are responsible for maintaining the quality of wine throughout processing, fermentation and ageing, and then the delivery of finished product to Production.
The key tasks of this position are:
* Using your attention to detail to monitor the quality of the wine within time parameters
* Acting on quality problems and using your judgement to escalate some issues
* Preparing still wines in readiness for bottling
* Following SOPs to perform all cellar duties in accordance with plans delivered by the Winemakers and OHS standards
* Participating in the Vintage season as a team leader
* Ensuring that work areas are maintained in an appropriate state of cleanliness, organisation and hygiene
In order to be successful in this position you will:
* Have previous winery experience (minimum 3 vintages)
* Have a comprehensive understanding of basic winemaking principles
* Have developed written and verbal skills
* Be a NZ citizen or permanent resident
* Understanding of Health & Safety and hygiene codes of conduct
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
230 Jacksons Road
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.