Cellar Hand (full-time/permanent) - Sunshine Creek, Yarra Valley
350 Yarraview Road
Yarra Glen, VIC 3775
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
REPORTS TO: Chief Winemaker and Assistant Winemakers
Located in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Sunshine Creek is a state-of-the-art facility focused on the production of premium Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Shiraz and Bordeaux blends.
Our 300 tonne winery also looks after production for a range of contract customers, providing the opportunity to work with a range of varieties and wine styles.
We are seeking a motivated, well organised individual to join our team on a full-time basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside our winemaking team in a hands-on role with good training and task diversity. This is primarily a cellar-based role with involvement in all areas of winemaking, as well as seeing the product through bottling and packaging.
• A mechanical aptitude
• Bottling line experience
• Excellent problem solving
• Keen attention to detail
• High standards of cleanliness
• Ability to follow instructions with safety of yourself and others as a primary consideration
• A comprehensive understanding of basic winemaking principles
• Strong teamwork and communication skills with an ability to maintain and build a positive work environment
• Ability to work autonomously and unsupervised
• To ensure that all processing operations are carried out to the highest standard
• Carry out all cellar operations in a safe and efficient manner meeting our quality, food safety and workplace health and safety standards
• Ensure that housekeeping practices are carried out to a high standard
• Meet company expectations in relation to standards of punctuality, attendance and teamwork
• Work closely with the winemaking team to maintain high standards and performance outcomes
• Vintage tasks include running processing equipment and presses, pump over’s, transfers, additions and sanitation of tanks and lines.
• Other tasks may include filtration, barrel work, bottling line maintenance and operation
Housekeeping and Maintenance
• Maintain a safe and tidy working area
• Return all equipment, fittings and lines following use
• Ensure all pumps lines and fittings are in a satisfactory physical and biological condition before starting
• Reporting any breakdowns of equipment to relevant person
• Wear required personal protective equipment
• Reduce and eliminate wine loss
• Report any wine loss or loss in wine quality to relevant person
• Read work orders prior to starting jobs and if any questions, consult relevant person
• Complete and sign off work orders promptly once jobs are complete
• Present for duties with sufficient time to start work at the prescribed time
• Notify relevant person directly and promptly in the event of an unplanned absence from work
• Undertake relevant training
• Carry out regular physical work on a day to day basis
• Ability to work longer hours during vintage period
• Ensure compliance with all OH&S policies and procedures.
• Participate in regular OH&S meetings
• Maintain familiarity with Sunshine Creek’s Standard Operation Procedures
• Participate in the implementing and improvement of Sunshine Creek’s Operating Procedures and OH&S policy
• Report hazards or near misses promptly to relevant person
• Wear appropriate clothing and PPE for tasks
• Maintain a reasonable care for yourself and others within the workplace
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
350 Yarraview Road
300 tonne state-of-the-art winery and vineyard located in Yarra Glen, Yarra Valley.