Cellar Hand (Permanent, Full-Time)
45 Trevarrick Road
Sevenhill, SA 5453
08 8843 4311
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Responsible to the Winemaker for assisting with winery operations and for the execution of routine cellar tasks. This position may involve extended hours of work during vintage.
• To undertake all cellar operations, in accordance with established operating procedures, under the supervision of the Winemaker;
• To operate and maintain cellar plant and machinery as directed;
• To operate the forklift to load and unload trucks, stack and un-stack barrels, to carry out various vintage operations and for other tasks as directed;
• To carry out cleaning tasks as directed;
• To handle and use winery chemicals in accordance with standard operating procedures and within established WH&S guidelines;
• To assist as appropriate with maintenance and expansion of winery facilities;
• Other relevant and appropriate duties as directed from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes Required
• Experience and/or qualifications in cellar operations essential.
• Must have current and full rights to residency in Australia;
• Able to work under significant pressure and to accept direction by senior staff;
• Good team player able to work co-operatively with other staff members and to make a contribution in a small team environment;
• Able to be self-motivated and to work independently as required;
• Flexible, adaptable and prepared to be multi-skilled;
• Forklift license, in accordance with National Standards for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work 2006, would be an advantage.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
45 Trevarrick Road