Cellar Manager / Assistant Winemaker
Gapsted Wines - Victorian Alps Wine Co. Pty Ltd
3897 Great Alpine Rd
Myrtleford, VIC 3737
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic, motivated and highly skilled person to join Gapsted Wines Winemaking team. Gapsted Wines is a premium wine producer in North East Victoria.
The Assistant Winemaker position supports the roles of the Winemakers and Coordinates Cellar activities. It is intended to be be based primarily in cellar management with a focus on all winemaking operations, ensuring the production of premium quality wine from the weighbridge to the Bottle
This is a full time and salaried position.
The Assistant Winemaker will be required to work principally in a hands-on team environment, participating under the direction of the Winemakers and Production Manager.
- Managing work program as set out by the Winemaker to ensure tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist Winemakers with winemaking, style development and planning. The Assistant Winemaker will be required to accept the position of the Winemakers in their absence.
- Managing and developing the cellar team.
- Support wine preparation for bottling and coordination of freight for scheduled packaging.
- Assist Winemakers and coordinate cellar with grape intake and juice processing to fermentation.
The Assistant Winemaker will be encouraged to participate in wine sensory assessment and trial including blending. From time to time the Assistant Winemaker will also assist with promotional events.
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and possess the relevant tertiary qualifications.
Employer Contact Information
Gapsted Wines - Victorian Alps Wine Company
3897 Great Alpine Rd
Gapsted Wines is an innovative and leading producer of ultra-premium Australian wines. We boast a state-of-the-art winemaking facility, situated in the heart of the Victorian Alps high country. Our Cool-climate setting gives the opportunity to produce exceptional fruit and thus showcase wines with true regional distinction.