Cellar Supervisor / Assistant Winemaker - Plantagenet Wines
45 Albany Hwy
Mount Barker, WA 6324
08 9851 31111
Application Closing Date
VINTAGE / HARVEST
As a pioneer of the Great Southern region, Plantagenet’s reputation is celebrated for its rich heritage, its expressive wines and family-owned sensibility, making it one of the most trusted wine brands in the country.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cellar Supervisor / Assistant Winemaker to join our team.
This is a hands on role focusing on cellar management, working alongside and leading our cellar team in quality wine production techniques by example. Ideally suited to a Cellar Supervisor with at least 2 years in a supervisory role or a graduate Winemaker with at least 2 vintages experience. Although this role will be a hands on cellar role there will be an opportunity to work closely with the Winemakers.
Key tasks will include:
Working closely with winemakers to;
• Plan out all production operations
• Supervise and train all cellar staff
• Ensure staff adhere to all safety and quality guidelines
• Carry out routine maintenance on cellar equipment as required
• Perform any cellar operations as required
This is an excellent career opportunity to join an energetic and quality oriented team who are leading the company in an era of renewed growth and achievement.
To be successful in this role you will have the following attributes;
• A degree in Oenology is desirable but not essential
• At least 2 Previous vintages experience
• Ability to operate winery equipment including filters, floatation and vintage equipment
• Knowledge of winery software (Vintrace is preferable)
• Proven ability to successfully lead a small team of staff in the production of high quality wines
• Strong teamwork and excellent communication skills
• The ability to work autonomously and unsupervised
• A commitment to creating a culture of excellence
• High level attention to detail
Our business is growing, and offers a highly competitive employment package, strong career prospects, and an environment to build on your winemaking and leadership skills.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid Australian work permit.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
45 Albany Hwy
Plantagenet Wines has produced distinctive, elegant wines