Chief Winemaker & Production Manager
VICTORIA, VIC 3608
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
A progressive award winning wine company requires the services of a full-time experienced and qualified winemaker, with at least 5 years’ experience, to start mid April 2017 for our premium wine division.
This family owned company owns and operates a large scale vineyard in Central Victoria producing high quality wines for Domestic and International markets.
The successful candidate will be commercially astute, energetic and display a deep passion for quality.
The successful applicant will report to the General Manager and demonstrate the following attributes:
• Honest, Loyal, Reliable and Flexible
• High level technical ability and understanding of winemaking chemistry and winemaking principles/ procedures from entry level through to premium winemaking activities
• Proficiency in blending and bottling is a must
• Possess exceptional communication, planning and written reporting skills.
• Sound computer skills in MS Office.
The successful applicant will be required to execute the following role and responsibilities:
• Supervise winemaking during vintages
• Coordinate, give direction and supervise winery production operations
• The company owns its own bottling plant and the applicant will be responsible for blending the wines and supervision
• Identify and evaluate opportunities for production improvements
• Implement appropriate data management systems
• Maintain, evaluate and improve development of premium wine making, overseeing wines stored in oak and tanks.
• Maintain and keep excellent record keeping of Bulk Wines and Dry Goods
• Provide yield estimates
• Assess grapes for harvesting for optimum quality
• Enter wines in various wine shows in Australia and Overseas
Additional requirements and options:
• The applicant must hold a degree in winemaking with a minimum experience of 5 years and experience in wine bottling.
• Viticulture experience will be looked on favourably
• The applicant must have permanent residency status in Australia and current Drivers License
A generous remuneration will be offered for the right applicant depending on skills qualifications and experience and a relocation subsidy can be provided.
If you are qualified with these requirements and possess the above skills; as well as loyal and honest and expect the same in return and are looking for good working conditions then please email your Curriculum Vitae to:
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Applications close 28th March 2017
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.