Employers & Recruiters
Cider Production Manager
Willie Smith's Cider Makers
22 Lollara Rd
Grove, TAS 7109
Production / Operations
Management / Executive
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
From $65,000 To $85,000
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Set the business up for its next phase of growth by continuing to evolve the structure and process in the cider making operations, learned through previous experience in a larger scale production facility in a relevant industry (Brewing, Cider Making or Wine Making). Mentor and develop the current production team and increase skills & capabilities of the team to continue to improve efficiencies.
• Responsible for leading and managing all elements of the day to day operations of our cider making and packaging processes to ensure our cider is produced to the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Hands-on position will require the operation of bottling and kegging systems, in addition to fermentation, transfer and blending of cider.
• Lead the growth and development of the production team to ensure the business has the required skills within the business to deliver the expected growth
• Drive quality standards and efficiency in a safe work environment
- Quality Control
- Production Volumes per month
- Inventory / stock Management at the Cidery
- Production costs
- Labour costs
- Process Management
- Cider Making
- Bottle labeling, filling and packing
- Record keeping
- General maintenance and up keep of cidery
Required Background / Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years full time cider making, brewing or wine making experience
- Industry recognized brewing, winemaking or cider-making qualification
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to operate within budgetary guidelines
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in Quality Assurance
- Ability to embrace and lead change in a rapidly growing and changing business
- Strong computer competency with Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, database systems and email
- Well-developed organizational and people management skills
- Data entry and Microsoft Office skills
- Fork license
- Current Drivers license
• The ability to bring structure and process to the role and organization is a must
• A strong focus on Quality control and repeatability is required
• Operate in a safety aware, and efficient manner without supervision.
• Display team focused and self-motivated behavior.
• Behave in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
• Support and coach production team and co-workers to ensure a positive working environment
• Adaptability to reflect the high-growth and ever changing environment.
• The Ability to embrace the Willie Smith’s core values
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Willie Smith's Cider Makers
22 Lollara Road
Grove TAS 7109
View All Jobs From This Employer
4th generation apple growers:
William Smith planted our first apple trees in 1888. We’re still there, on the same farm in the Huon Valley. And a little after Willie’s great grandson Andrew created one of Australia’s first organic apple farms, we became Australia’s first certified organic cidery.
New generation cider makers:
Our apples don’t leave the farm until they’re shipped to you, so our cider makers have full control from orchard to bottle. Using purpose-grown cider apples, they mix traditional French and English techniques with new-world influences to create award-winning ciders that allow the apple to really sing.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2019
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD