Coordinator – Food and Wine Show Competitions
Ascot Vale, VIC 3032
Full Time - Permanent
• Permanent Full-time position - Ascot Vale
• Hands on operations, coordination and administration role
• Knowledge and experience in showcasing food or wine is essential
The RASV is an organisation of passionate, talented and team-oriented people who in addition to delivering the Royal Melbourne Show, one of Melbourne’s largest and most iconic annual public events, also execute a diverse range of agricultural showcases, awards and competitions throughout the year including many that showcase food, wine, beer and distilled spirits.
As a Program Coordinator you will have back of house administration and coordination responsibility for a program of competitions, awards, showcases and tastings throughout the year.
Key activities include:
• Managing the database and administrative aspects of the competitions and showcases
• Coordinating setup, delivery and pack down, including layout and infrastructure
• Coordinating casual staff and volunteers
• Coordinating equipment, suppliers, services, exhibits and exhibitors
• Management of the judging panel including managing the judges’ database, itinerary, travel, accommodation and meal arrangements
Effective organisational skills, administrative abilities and relevant experience and knowledge in showcasing either food or wine is essential. You also have the demonstrated ability to coordinate a wide range of activities to deadlines and within budget.
Relevant experience could include cellar door, work as a somellier, organising tastings or showcases in retail liquor outlets, experience within a provodore store or in the coordination of food and wine festivals or events.
To apply for this unique opportunity please forward your resume and a brief application letter outlining your claims to the position to Mark Dalton, Independent Recruitment Consultant, via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Please note that resumes without an application letter will not be considered.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.