Engineering Technician - Bottling and Packaging Industry
Grapeworks Pty Ltd
our Melbourne office
OR South Australia, VIC
03 9555 5500
Moderate Domestic Travel
• Competitive salary package
• Required to travel
• Permanent and Part time positions available
Tanium is a subsidiary of Grapeworks and is a well established business specialising in the sale, installation and service of wine and beverage equipment across Australia. We are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic technicians to join our team.
This is a field service role involving work in the metropolitan area as well as travelling to regional areas throughout Australia as required. The successful candidate could be based either in our Melbourne office, or South Australia.
The extensive Tanium product range includes bottle filling equipment, counter pressure fillers, disgorging and dosage equipment, labelling machines, packers, crushers, destemmers, grape and fruit presses, filtration and complete turnkey solutions.
To be considered for this role, you must have proven engineering or technical experience in the beverage, bottling and packaging industry.
You must be an experienced Engineering Technician who is trained and certified in electrical installations with programming experience, good mechanical knowledge of small to large processing and Bottling and packing lines.
You will be able to work autonomously, you must enjoy technical troubleshooting, have a positive attitude and be highly motivated. As part of our team you will install and commission new and used equipment, perform ongoing servicing and maintenance of our equipment portfolio.
Positions available are Full Time and or Part time. These positions will report to the Managing Director, and will work closely with our technical services team and administrative support personnel.
As a Service Technician/ Equipment Installer, the major focus of this role is to carry out installation of new equipment as well as maintenance and mechanical repairs to a range of winery and ancillary equipment for our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Your role will include but is not limited to:
• Site & customer project management, including onsite installation of equipment.
• Maintenance of electrical and mechanical components, integral to
production machinery throughout our complete product range.
• Scheduled service work as required.
• Diagnostics and warranty work.
Day to day role:
• Installation and commissioning of processing, filling, labelling and packaging equipment either autonomously or as part of a team
• Electrical and PLC programming experience /qualifications will be looked upon favourably
• Machine programming error diagnosis and fault finding
• Provide breakdown support and scheduled maintenance for customers equipment
• Work with and supervise contractors when required
• Understand customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations
• Maintain high standards of customer service
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers, contractors and co-workers
• Travel to and from customer locations as required (local, interstate, international)
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Mechanical trade qualifications
• Drivers and forklift license
• A high level of commitment to safety
• Excellent diagnostic skills
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude and high level of initiative
• High level of self management and accountability
• An ability to work independently without supervision
• A professional manner and customer focused approach
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role is preferable
• On the job training will be provided
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure
• Good attention to detail
• Preferable - experience in the wine or other beverage industry
• Disconnect / reconnect license would be an advantage.
• Experience with PLC, automation and conveyor systems would be an Advantage
• Certificate in Food Processing (desirable)
• Competent computer skills with Microsoft suite of products
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR
JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Grapeworks Pty Ltd
71-75 Redwood Drive
Grapeworks provides wineries with a complete range of winemaking equipment and supplies, a full range of winemaking yeasts, fining agents & chemicals, Cellastac bottle storage and bulk wine cellaring and storage products, packaging solutions, bladders, casks, vineyard equipment, cellar door accessories, wine preservation, bungs. We are specialist sparkling wine product suppliers of Secondary ferment yeasts nutrients and adjuvant, tirage and final closure crown seals, corks, muselets and Sparflex sparkling wine hoods.