Events Manager / Assistant Cellar Door Manager
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Philip Shaw Wines is renowned as one of Australia’s finest winemakers. Orange is one of the most vibrant and liveable rural cities in Australia. The wine and food experience in the region has quickly developed as must for Sydneysiders and far beyond! The Philip Shaw Cellar Door centres around a 1880s blue stone barn that has been extensively developed to showcase the wines.
Philip Shaw Wines is seeking an enthusiastic self-starter for our new position, encompassing Events Management and backing up the Cellar Door Manager’s position as an assistant.
This role is an exceptional opportunity for a sales and hospitality professional to join in the running of a world-leading events venue and cellar door experience.
To succeed in this role you will need to be a proven, success-driven sales and hospitality professional who enjoys building relationships, and managing people.
Reporting to the company’s Cellar Door Manager and Regional Operations Manager, this is a hands-on role whose key responsibilities will include:
• Manage & develop events at the Cellar Door and gardens – including packages for functions, (large & small) and weddings
• Ensure that all events are in line with our brand expectations.
• Engage in the day-to-day running of the cellar door and lead by example ie work ethic
• Use your initiative to carry out everyday tasks to make sure the Cellar Door venue is always presentable
• developing and maintaining effective communication channels
Your expertise will make you a key member of the company’s close-knit family management team.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Philip Shaw Wines
100 Shiralee Road
Philip Shaw Wines is a maker of super premium wines both for the Australian market and many overseas countries.
Our vineyard is near the city of Orange, a high altitude very cool region in NSW.