Expressions of Interest - Wine, Beer & Hospitality
790 McDonalds Road
Pokolbin, NSW 2323
02 9270 6123
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Bimbadgen’s Palmers Lane vineyard was planted in 1968 and the McDonalds Road vineyard shortly thereafter; both sites providing a highly sought-after source of old vine Semillon, Shiraz and Chardonnay. Acquired by the Lee family in 1997 as the crown jewel within the Mulpha Australia luxury property portfolio, significant investment over twenty years has seen Bimbadgen quietly emerge as one of the most prestigious and significant vineyard and tourism destinations in the Hunter Valley.
Our wine production predominantly supplies Mulpha Group hotel assets including Hayman Island, the Intercontinental Sanctuary Cove, and the prestigious Intercontinental Hotel in Sydney, as well as a range of international hotels owned by Mulpha International. Remaining wine is sold through our Cellar Door, Exclusive Wine Club, our award winning Esca Bimbadgen restaurant and select national distribution.
Bimbadgen have recently opened two exciting new venues at the Estate, a casual dining experience within our cellar door courtyard and a new wedding venue at our Palmers Lane vineyard. Future expansion is pencilled in for 2019, including construction of a luxury glamping experience and a craft brewery on site. 2019 is envisaged to be a major growth factor for our business and in conjunction with exploring various acquisition opportunities within the Hunter Valley and beyond, we are now searching for expressions of interest from suitably experienced wine, beer, food, beverage and hospitality professionals.
If you aspire to a career with a progressive, successful, and growing wine and tourism business, with the backing of prestigious corporate ownership, and possess skills in any of the following areas we would be very interested to hear from you:
• Vineyard and winery operations
• Production Management in a winery or brewery
• Sales and Marketing experience in beer, wine, F&B or accommodation
• Distributor Management
• Wine and Beer Supply Chain, Logistics and Stock Control
• Front of House Hotel management
• Commercial Management or Management Accounting
• Chefs at Commis, CDP or Sous level
The successful candidate will possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
• Display initiative and entrepreneurship in their daily roles
• Demonstrated track record in executing a strategic growth plan with discipline and determination over a sustained period
• Long tenure in previous roles with a record of promotion and progression
• Achievement of targets over consecutive years with strong references supporting the same
• Attention to detail and the ability to replicate successful actions year after year as is essential to the long term success of building a wine brand.
• Ability to commence work in the New Year
Applications close Thursday, 3 January 2019.
Employer Contact Information
790 McDonalds Road
Located high on a hill in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, Bimbadgen is a striking winery and vineyard encompassing an expansive Cellar Door, award-winning Esca Bimbadgen Restaurant, Cafe, outdoor amphitheatre, modern tasting rooms and accommodation all in the one stunning location.