Finance & Commercial Manager
790 McDonalds Road
Pokolbin, NSW 2323
02 9270 6123
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Bimbadgen is a highly successful, award-winning Winery and Hospitality business situated in Pokolbin in the Hunter Valley. The business forms part of the broader Mulpha Group, a diversified investment Group with interests across Hospitality, Hotels, Real Estate, Debt and Education markets.
Bimbadgen’s operations include the commercial manufacture of wine, an award-winning fine dining restaurant, a newly opened, dedicated wedding venue, a large concert and event business, accommodation, cellar door, and casual dining pizza café. Management are also actively exploring various acquisition opportunities and looking to expand the business to other locations.
We are currently seeking a hands-on Finance & Commercial Manager to support this exciting period of growth. You will report directly to the Bimbadgen General Manager, with a dotted line to the Group Financial Controller. The role will combine a mix of financial and management accounting, operational reporting and process improvement to drive operational efficiency and cost management. As the ideal candidate, you will have well-refined commercial skills and the ability to actively participate in driving improvement in bottom line results, product innovation and improved financial management and reporting.
At a high level, key responsibilities include:
• Financial performance – ensuring financial outcomes are in line with annual budgets, including revenue, expense and profit targets, balance sheet and cashflow efficiencies.
• Financial reporting – producing and analysing weekly operational reports, monthly accounts, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets; formulating recommendations for department managers to improve bottom line results; managing month end process including monthly accruals.
• Sales & Marketing – ensuring profitability is maintained with constant review of COGS, pricing, discounts, freight, storage and gross margin.
• Asset Management – assisting department managers to develop commercial acumen when considering CAPEX and R&M decisions.
• Stock Control – reviewing departmental stocktakes, investigating variances and making recommendations.
To be successful, you will have:
• Tertiary qualification in Business Management or similar (desirable)
• Previous senior management experience ideally within the hospitality industry, with an emphasis on financial management
• 5+ years’ experience with a track record of business process improvement
• Advanced negotiation skills with proven experience negotiating commercial agreements
• Strong understanding of liquor wholesale and channel planning (desirable)
• Ability to drive profitability and departmental performance
Applications close Friday, 26 April 2019.
To find out more about Bimbadgen, please visit https://www.bimbadgen.com.au/
Bimbadgen is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on our employees. We treasure their skills, expertise and commitment. Our goal is to attract, develop, motivate, reward and retain the best people in the industry.
No Recruitment agencies please.
Employer Contact Information
790 McDonalds Road
Located high on a hill in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, Bimbadgen is a striking winery and vineyard encompassing an expansive Cellar Door, award-winning Esca Bimbadgen Restaurant, Cafe, outdoor amphitheatre, modern tasting rooms and accommodation all in the one stunning location.