Employers & Recruiters
Group Premium Winemaker
Wine Network Consulting Pty Ltd
Reynella, SA 5161
03 5962 2427
Winemaking / Oenology
Management / Executive
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
International, Interstate & Intrastate Travel is required
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
One of the most unique and exciting roles in international wine today, Accolade Wines is seeking a Group Premium Winemaker. Based in Reynella, South Australia, the role manages our premium red and white wine portfolios.
We are the world’s leading provider of New World premium, commercial and value wines – our Hardys brand is the most powerful Australian wine brand in the world! We sell our wines in over 100 countries and have more than 1,600 dedicated employees in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Europe, Asia, North America and South Africa and … we make some of the world’s best known brands!
The successful applicant will provide overall direction and efficient, effective input into the performance of all winemaking processes. This includes wine sourcing, technology, winemaking and grape resources (in cooperation with Group Viticulture). In addition, you need to be astute with the grading of wines matching quality to style and end use. An extensive knowledge of viticulture, grape selection and harvest criteria is required.
This is a leadership position. It will mentor winemakers and monitor improvements in styles and innovation, engendering a culture of excellence in all aspects of winemaking and ensuring that we provide outstanding customer service.
With a minimum of fifteen years’ experience as a Senior Winemaker and relevant winemaking qualifications, the successful applicant will have had experience in large and small wineries, plus show demonstrative abilities in handling grapes and wine from different varieties and regions - in particular, McLaren Vale, Coonawarra, Yarra Valley and Western Australia.
With excellent planning, communication and organisational skills, a strong work ethic, and being a team player, you will be a leader of people and enjoy a true ‘passion’ for wine.
Accolade Wines will provide you with the ideal climate and remuneration package for you to make a difference in our successful and growing business.
Duties and Responsibilities – You will:
• Oversee red and white wine production across grades 1 to 5;
• Manage red and white wine allocations, blending and inventory (bulk and packaged) to maximize quality, value and financial return;
• Work with the Viticulture team, developing and effectively utilising a fruit resource of appropriate size and quality;
• Have active input into wine style to meet market expectations through competitor tasting and discussion;
• Facilitate NPD and actively seek new wine styles and market opportunities;
• Pursue, communicate and implement new winemaking developments to improve quality and/or lower costs;
• Oversee oak planning and its efficient usage;
• Provide technical input into winery development and capital projects;
• Mentor the winemaking team across Australia;
• Provide monthly reports to the Group Chief Winemaker on supply & demand balance and quality;
• Promote Accolade Wines’ products in the market;
• Coordinate wine show entries and strategy with the winemaking team;
• Undertake relevant projects as directed by the Chief Winemaker;
• Lead by example.
Skills and Qualifications:
• At least 15 years’ senior winemaking experience in large and small wineries across multiple regions and varieties;
• University degree in Wine Science;
• Demonstrated ability to judge all wine styles – red, white, sparkling and fortified;
• Wine show judge with panel chair experience;
• Drivers licence.
Employer Contact Information
Wine Network Consulting Pty Ltd
Office 4 5-7 Green Street
Healesville VIC 3777
View All Jobs From This Employer
Established in 1994, Wine Network and its personnel are established and highly respected professional resources for the wine industry in Australia and overseas.
Wine Network offers a full range of advisory services for wine and viticultural businesses aimed at optimising wine quality, operational efficiency and business sustainability.
Our consultants and associates have extensive industry experience, and we offer tailor-made advice services to suit both new and established businesses of varying sizes.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2018
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD