HARVEST 2019: Villa Maria Estate - Hawkes Bay & Marlborough Cellar, Lab and Winemaking
Villa Maria Estate
Hawkes Bay & Marlborough
Full Time - Fixed Term
Come be part of the Harvest team for one of the World’s most admired Wine Brands.
• Home of iconic brands Villa Maria, Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Te Awa, Left Field and Kidnapper Cliffs.
• New state-of-the-art winery located in the Gimblett Gravels of Hawkes Bay.
• A unique opportunity to work with several of NZ's most renowned winemakers, all under one roof.
Villa Maria is 100% family-owned and is New Zealand’s Most Awarded winery. For the last four consecutive years Villa Maria has been named in the top ten most admired wine brands and number one in New Zealand by Drinks International. At Villa Maria we are as passionate about our people as we are about producing quality wine.
We are now seeking applications for the 2019 Harvest Season. We have a number of vacancies at our modern, state-of-the-art wineries in Hawkes Bay and Marlborough in the following areas:
• Cellarhands: fruit receival, running presses, filtration, tank rackings, barrel work, plunging and pumping over red ferments, juice and wine additions, loading/receiving tankers, and cleaning.
• Senior Cellarhands: assigning and assisting staff with operations, communicating with shift winemakers and area supervisors, and carrying out cellarhand duties.
• Laboratory Assistants: daily analysis, ferment checks and data entry.
• Assistant Winemakers: updating of job notes in to the winery computer system, support for the laboratory, assisting with stocktakes, data entry, barrel work and ferment checks.
We want to hear from energetic, self-motivated people with a hands-on approach and strong attention to detail. Experience in the wine industry and an interest in wine would be an advantage.
The Harvest employment period is February to May. Shift work will be required and during the peak of vintage working up to 12 hour shifts across 6 days.
To Apply please visit our careers page here: https://www.villamaria.co.nz/about/careers
Employer Contact Information
Villa Maria Estate
118 Montgomerie Road
Villa Maria was founded in 1961 by George Fistonich who, through his dedication to quality, has led Villa Maria to claim the title of New Zealand’s Most Awarded Wines.
Four exceptional ranges of premium New Zealand wine: Villa Maria Private Bin, Villa Maria Cellar Selection, Villa Maria Reserve and Villa Maria Single Vineyard.