Employers & Recruiters
Katnook Estate Assistant Winemaker
15310 Riddoch Highway
Coonawarra, SA 5263
08 8737 0300
Winemaking / Oenology
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
From $60,000 To $70,000
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Katnook Estate is a member of the Wingara group which in turn is owned by the Freixenet (Spain) group.
Katnook, one of Coonawarra’s leading labels with vineyards located in the heart of the famous Terra Rossa strip, produces a range of wines under the Katnook label that have achieved an enviable record of show success and critical review.
Katnook Estate is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced assistant winemaker to join our small dedicated team based in Coonawarra.
• Preferably Degree in Oenology from a University offering a recognised Oenology and Viticulture course.
• Several years of ‘hands on’ red and white winemaking experience.
• A track record of making quality wines.
• A sound understanding of viticulture.
• Experience managing a winemaking and cellar team.
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Good interpersonal and social skills
• Appropriate computer skills.
• Australian residency or valid Australian work permits
• Planning and managing all phases of wine production from harvest through to bottling and packaging.
• Continuous improvement of the quality of all wines.
• Planning and managing the work programs for the cellar.
• Planning and managing the ongoing training and development of the winemaking and cellar team.
• Liaising with the Katnook Estate viticulturist to optimise vineyard practice to ensure grape quality is appropriate for each wine style.
• Ensuring legislative and policy compliance in WH&S and EPA as well as wine industry regulations.
• Maintain & oversee the accurate keeping of winemaking records.
This position would commence in July 2018.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
PO Box 6
Coonawarra SA 5263
View All Jobs From This Employer
Katnook lies in the heart of the fabled Coonawarra region, South Australia. With a history stretching back to 1867, Katnook has three wines in the prestigious Langton’s Classification of Australian Wines, two Jimmy Watson trophies and a five-star rating in James Halliday’s Wine Companion 2017. We are also the official wine for Opera Australia, the nation's largest arts organisation.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2018
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD