Employers & Recruiters
Laboratory Technician - Mitchelton Wines
470 Mitchellstown Road
Nagambie, VIC 3608
03 5736 2222
Application Closing Date
From $58,000 To $70,000
Full Time - Permanent
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Mitchelton Wines, located in the Goulburn Valley, 90 minutes north of Melbourne CBD and 40 minutes south of Shepparton, Victoria, is seeking an experienced Laboratory Technician employed on a permanent full-time basis.
Reporting directly to the Chief Winemaker, the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of the laboratory operations at Mitchelton for our own brands and contract winemaking. The position requires a flexible commitment Monday to Friday outside of the Vintage period and the ability to work weekends and afternoon shift during the Vintage period (generally late January through to April).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Management of day-to-day laboratory operations including all chemical analysis
• Implementation of routine analysis procedures
• Planning, organisation and prioritisation of analysis required in consultation with winemakers
• Method development and maintenance
• Ensure safety procedures are up to date and followed
• QA/QC of laboratory, including accurate data entry
• Timely preparation and dispatch of trade samples
• Fruit maturity sample analysis during vintage
• Ordering of laboratory supplies and consumables
• Consultation with clients regarding contract analysis.
At Mitchelton, our people are our most valuable asset and we all share a passion for the industry. We are proud to offer you a rare opportunity to join and be an integral part of Mitchelton’s winery crew in a beautiful location with great conditions and an inspiring team.
You will be rewarded with a base salary commensurate with your experience, qualifications, skills and contribution, in addition to a supportive and collaborative working environment.
To be considered for this role you must have:
• A bachelor degree in science is essential
• Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
• Previous experience in wine laboratories including enzymatic analysis
• Relevant knowledge of the winemaking process
• Flexibility in working hours during the vintage period
• Competent with Microsoft applications and computer literate
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail, good work ethic, leadership skills and problem-solving skills
• Must be self-motivated with a positive professional attitude and have excellent time management skills
• Knowledge of EZY wine software is advantageous although not necessary
• A commitment to Quality, Food Safety, Risk Management, OH&S and Environmental Systems
• A commitment to making great wine and have fun doing it
If you are interested in joining the team we'd love to hear from you. Please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter using the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button above.
Employer Contact Information
470 Mitchellstown Road
Nagambie VIC 3608
View All Jobs From This Employer
Mitchelton's team works in harmony with the land to unlock the best from individual blocks. Key to this is innovation and attention to detail in the vineyard and the winery.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2019
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD