Employers & Recruiters
Laboratory Technician - Robert Oatley Vineyards
Robert Oatley Vineyards
845 Henry Lawson Drive
Mudgee, NSW 2850
Job Start Date
Job End Date
Application Closing Date
From $55,000 To $65,000
Full Time - Fixed Term
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Founded by the late Robert (Bob) Oatley AO BEM in 2006, Robert Oatley Vineyards is a family owned winery led by his eldest son Sandy Oatley who with his father, brother and sister, planted the first Oatley vineyards in the late 1960’s.
Our wine brands, Robert Oatley, Finisterre, The Pennant, Wild Oats & Montrose. Consistently score over 90 points with the critics and have collected too many medals to detail, our wines resonated with the wine-loving public around Australia and the world. As Bob Oatley said ‘they must be a darned good drink.’
Our business is part of a larger family group that owns and manages other premium business in tourism (Hamilton Island and qualia), property development and yachting.
Looking for a Laboratory technician to work a 12-month contract for our iconic Australian wine brand, Robert Oatley.
The Laboratory Technician is an integral member of the team and is primarily responsible for performing laboratory analysis of wines throughout different stages of the winery process. This position requires an experienced laboratory technician with passion for wine and meticulous to maintain attention to detail to achieve our company’s high standards.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Coordination of the day to day laboratory operations and analysis in consultation with the Laboratory & Quality Manager
• Manage the setup of wine analysis for the winemakers
• Perform routine laboratory analysis and equipment calibrations for all lab and bottling equipment
• Keep accurate records in all systems and required paperwork for obligatory reporting purposes
• Work in consultation with the Laboratory & Quality Manager to manage the preparation and dispatch of all trade samples
• Manage the inventory of laboratory supplies and consumables
• Maintain and ensure adherence of work instructions and standard operating procedures in accordance with HACCP standards
• Ensure the Lab is maintained in a clean and tidy environment at all times.
• Exercise safe working practices as per the safety standards and procedures within the workplace
• Perform any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Laboratory & Quality Manager
To be successful in the role you must have:
• Demonstrated 12 months experience working in a wine Laboratory
• Working knowledge of Ezywine software (desirable but not necessary)
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Must be able to multi-task and demonstrate efficient time management skills
• Physically fit to access stairs and stand for long periods of time
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to adhere to changing deadlines whilst maintaining strict compliance
• Ability to work in fast pace environments and be flexible and adaptable in changing environments.
Robert Oatley Vineyards offers an amazing workplace where you can truly reach your career goals. You will have access to:
• A competitive salary (depending on experience)
• Great opportunity to learn and gain experience with an iconic Australian wine brand
• Fantastic friendly team environment
• Family and friends rates and discounts on Hamilton island accommodation and wine products.
If this position sounds like the perfect role to support you in your career within the wine industry, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter today.
Please direct all applications via 'Apply for this job' or for a confidential discussion please call Jessica Linden on 02 9433 0487.
Employer Contact Information
Robert Oatley Vineyards
845 Henry Lawson Drive
Mudgee NSW 2850
View All Jobs From This Employer
Robert Oatley Vineyards is one of Australia’s fastest growing wine and beverage businesses. We are family owned with over 40 years’ experience in wine making and marketing, with proven success in Australia and major overseas markets. Our business is part of a larger group that owns and manages other premium business in tourism (Hamilton Island and qualia), property development and yachting.
We manage a portfolio of successful premium brands including Australian wine brands Wild Oats, Robert Oatley, Montrose, pocketwatch, Taltarni and Clover Hill as well as wines of Ara (NZ), Champagnes Charles Heidsieck and Piper-Heidsieck (France), Anchor Steam Beer (San Francisco) and Cape Grim Natural Water (Tasmania).
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2019
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD