Lead / Technical Cellar Hand
655 Main Road
Berriedale, TAS 7000
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Reporting to the Moorilla Winemaker and General Manager, this Lead Cellar Hand position will undertake all cellar operations and have ownership of the cleanliness and presentation of the cellar. As a senior member of the Cellar team, this role will provide day to day guidance to other cellar staff and ensure they meet health and safety requirements. The Technical component of this role ensures all equipment is maintained in working order while supervising and performing all disgorging, bottling and packaging operations.
- In conjunction with the Winemaker, aide in the supervision and performance of fruit delivery and processing procedures
- Over vintage, provide supervision and induction to vintage Cellar Hands as appropriate
- Alongside the cellar team perform all cellar operations including additions, rackings, transfers and filtration as well as all aspects of barrel management and maintenance
- Perform bottling, tirage and disgorging procedures and provide supervision to casual staff as required.
- Regularly maintain winery equipment, resolving or seeking assistance to remedy any faults and establish a regular maintenance schedule that ensures equipment remains safe and cared for
- Provide leadership within the cellar team and perform any tasks required to maintain required standards of cellar cleanliness and presentation
- Remain vigilant to safety hazards and ensure all possible steps are taken to minimise risks to health and safety, both at a personal level and in respect of colleagues and contractors.
- Experience in a similar role achieved through a number of vintages coupled with a passion for high quality and cool climate wine
- A team player, with excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Strong aptitude for multi-tasking
- A flexible approach to work with an understanding of the work requirements in vintage
- Experience working with bottling and packaging lines
- An understanding of workplace health and safety and a willingness to promote safe working practices
- Experience in staff supervision is desirable
- Enjoy working with and maintaining machinery and equipment
- Hold a current Australian forklift and drivers licence
Applications close 15 October - so apply now!
Employer Contact Information
655 Main Road
Moorilla Estate and Domaine A