Senior Winemaker – Winery Manager - Limestone Coast Wines
Limestone Coast Wines
7089 Riddoch Highway
Padthaway, SA 5271
08 8765 6140
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
At LCW we craft wines that we are proud to serve to our friends and our friends of friends. We are passionate about the wine we produce and are seeking a like-minded Senior Winemaker – Winery Manager to join our team.
It’s a great time to come on board as we are experiencing major growth not only locally in Australia, but throughout the UK, US and Asia regions with our premium bulk and branded offering.
This role manages the winery and winemaking to ensure the best quality outcomes for the people, the wine and the winery.
Reporting to the Chief Winemaker, the Senior Winemaker will be accountable for the efficient & effective performance of all activities at the Padthaway site, maintaining a safe & efficiently run workplace, driving continuous improvement and ensuring regulatory compliance, along with leading the winery team in ensuring the highest standards of quality are met in the making of our wines.
We are looking for an experienced winemaker with a proven track record in leading a winemaking team to produce outstanding wines. Responsibilities will include:
• Manage supply & demand through LCW production planner
• Ensure that grape quality matches wine style & grade requirements
• Operational responsibilities for style & quality of key brands
• Direction to operational winemakers to ensure desired outcomes
• Determine & ensure quality parameters are adhered to from grape to bottle
• Manage maturation tastings ensuring quality parameters are met & supply and demand is balanced
• Participate & coordinate allocation & classification tastings
• Coordinate winemaking operations (including vintage), liaising between winemaking & cellar
• Co-ordinate training of cellar employees (including Vintage casuals) to be able to perform cellar operations consistent with company SOPs.
• Conduct team meetings, briefings and discuss team performance
• Implement & maintain quality assurance policies & health and safety systems.
• Drive continuous improvement
Naturally, it is expected that you will have a relevant degree in wine science or similar qualifications, along with:
• Minimum of 5 years winemaking experience
• Ability to lead, engage & motivate employees
• Strong skills in Windows-based applications, especially Excel
• Superior verbal & written communication skills with a focus on continuous improvement & solutions focus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Proven track record in outstanding customer service.
LCW will provide a wonderful landscape for you to work in. You will be an integral part of our growing business and as such we offer an attractive salary in line with experience to the successful candidate.
This role will be based in Padthaway, South Australia – part of the beautiful Limestone Coast.
Interested candidates may apply with a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position and a resume via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 23 AUGUST 2019
Learn more about our brands at www.thehiddensea.com.au www.vandenbergwines.com.au
Employer Contact Information
Limestone Coast Wines
7089 Riddoch Highway
We like to think of ourselves as a humble winery producing great things. Our family owned and operated business, crafts some of The Limestone Coast’s and Australia’s finest cool climate wines.
Finding the balance between the old and new - where timeless craftsmanship meets state of the art processing equipment - the original Stonehaven facility from which we now operate won international acclaim as Winery Of The World at the 2001 San Francisco wine awards. The Winery is surrounded by 36ha of vineyards on famous Padthaway Limestone. When only the best will do, we source fruit from the six flagship regions of The Limestone Coast, providing a wide range of varieties and the best grapes from each terroir.
As the gateway to the internationally acclaimed wine regions of South Australia, we invite you to see what goes on behind our cellar doors, meet our people, and of course sample what we are most proud of: our wine.