Summer 2019 - Cellar Door Hosts, Marlborough
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Cloudy Bay Vineyards Ltd Jacksons Road (PO Box 376
Blenheim, MBH 7240
Full Time - Fixed Term
The summer season is here!
Summer brings much excitement and liveliness to the Cellar Door at Cloudy Bay. The season is filled with events, outdoor service and sees a significant increase in patrons.
As we approach this season, we’re looking for enthusiastic new cellar door staff who can bring their flair for hospitality to craft a memorable Cloudy Bay experience for our guests. Our Cellar Door and outdoor eatery Jack’s Raw Bar are open seven days, so successful applicants will need to be available to work flexible hours including weekends and public holidays from November through to April. Some shorter contracts will also be available.
Bring your wine and food service knowledge and top-standard customer service ability to create authentic and unique tasting experiences for our guests. In this role you will have the opportunity to build an intimate knowledge of our wines and winemaking process and use this knowledge to generate sales from positive customer experiences.
You will be responsible for:
• Delivering exceptional customer service to Jack’s Raw Bar, the tasting room and retail area at all times
• Assisting the Duty Managers and Customer Relationship Manager with the delivery of tour group tastings
• Processing sales of wine, food produce and merchandise through the retail area
• Assisting with guided tastings at the tasting room, demonstrating your intimate knowledge of the Cloudy Bay wines
• Confidently recommending and selling our wines and all menu offerings, and making informed suggestions for food and wine matches
You will be given a competitive rate, training and on-the-job support to establish you as a successful member of our fun, focused and collaborative team.
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
• Significant experience in hospitality
• An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset
• Prior knowledge of best practice in service of food/wine
• A passion for customer service and creating engaging experiences with customers
• Comfortable at multi-tasking, well organized under pressure
• A high standard of personal presentation with a friendly and genuine attitude
• High energy and a positive, pro-active approach with an attention to details
Employer Contact Information
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
230 Jacksons Road
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.