Employers & Recruiters
Sydney Cellar Door Business Development Manager
Sydney, WA 2000
Cellar Door / Wine Club
Application Closing Date
From $70,000 To $80,000
Full Time - Permanent
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Our family-owned company of over 30 years has crafted brands including MadFish, Howard Park and Marchand & Burch. We adopt a friendly working environment with an ethos of dedication, commitment & enjoyment.
We seek a reliable, connected and experienced Cellar Door Business Development Manager who is multi-lingual in French, Mandarin & English to manage our new Sydney Cellar Door. You will be instrumental in developing new international business, sales leads and highly motivated.
As a Cellar Door Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for creating and implementing sales strategies for the company, with the goal of promoting a range of different wines to customers in a designated market.
The right applicant will:
• Be able to read and speak Mandarin and English (and ideally be fluent in French).
• Demonstrate diverse wine industry international sales experience over at least 5 years with relevant tertiary studies
• Have excellent sales and negotiation skills
• Understand Chinese culture and Guanxi
• Have a detailed working knowledge & wine business experience in Asia, particularly selling premium wines into China
• Have a good wine palate and understand wine styles, winemaking and regional influences.
• Have good verbal, written and presentation skills
• Have the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
• Show financial discipline
Tasks will include:
• Manage all parts of the Cellar Door, including opening and closing of the shop and supervising the casual employees
• Represent the company and our wine brands with knowledge and enthusiasm
• Market, manage and organise wine functions at the Cellar Door and other venues
• Develop and maintain an online customer database of Cellar Door visitors
• Engage with the local Sydney Chinese community
• Develop & manage wine business development opportunities within the Sydney Chinese community
• Develop & manage wine business development opportunities in China if required
• Work closely with our state distributor to assist them in the sale of our wines in retail and on-premise accounts, including Marchand & Burch (our French connection).
• Develop and manage VIP wine tours to our Margaret River winery
• Being a direct contact for the company for sales to China
• Provide regular reporting on status of sales and activities.
• Work closely with our management team to help drive our company’s objectives
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Applications close 28 June 2018
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2018
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD