Vineyard Manager - Delamere Vineyards Tasmania
4238 Bridport Road
Pipers Brook, TAS 7254
03 6382 7190
0409 011 830
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Delamere Vineyard, located in Pipers River, is a Tasmania grower/producer - our wines are 100% estate grown and made. Established in 1982, we are one of the region’s oldest family-run wine businesses. Planted exclusively to pinot noir and chardonnay, we are focused on producing an exceptional range of sparkling (traditional method) and still wines that express our unique site.
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and highly skilled Vineyard Manager to join us in crafting some of the highest quality wines this exciting region has to offer.
The Vineyard Manager reports to the Owners, with whom they will work closely to develop the vineyard management plans and budget. It is a hands-on role, responsible for executing daily vineyard operations of the existing 12-hectare vineyard. Development of further plantings will be undertaken within the next two years, presenting a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in growing the Delamere business.
Duties cover all vineyard operations including:
• Plan, organise and oversee daily vineyard operations to assist in achieving the winemaking and business goals.
• Vine-canopy management, including training, pruning, and vine cuttings.
• Monitoring and controlling vine pests and disease.
• Manage harvest operations.
• Machinery operations, including tractor driving.
• Irrigation activities.
• Chemical application and recording processes.
• Care and maintenance of vineyard equipment.
• Responsible for WHS compliance relating to vineyard operations.
• Data collection, compilation and reporting.
• Training and supervision of regular and seasonal staff.
REQUIREMENTS EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 5 years previous vineyard experience, including cool climate regions.
• A tertiary qualification in viticulture or horticulture
• A current drivers license and previous tractor driving experience is essential.
• Good practical and basic mechanical skills.
• Computer competency.
• Forklift experience would be preferable.
• Must have Australian citizenship
Employer Contact Information
4238 Bridport Road
Delamere Vineyards is one of the oldest family run vineyards in Tasmania. Owned by highly experienced winemaking couple, Shane Holloway and Fran Austin, their focus is crafting a portfolio of exceptional Estate sparkling and table wines that speak of the place where they are grown.