Employers & Recruiters
Vineyard Manager - Yarra Valley - Pettavel
1157 Melba Highway Muhlebach Road
Yarra Glen, VIC 3775
0425 806 669
Application Closing Date
From $70,000 To $100,000
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
As a 5 star winery, Pettavel Group has 3 vineyards that are located in the cool climate wine regions of Geelong and Yarra Valley. Using our vineyards to grow premium fruit, we target the premium wine market. The areas in which our vineyards are located are blessed by warmer days and cool nights and we have perfect grapes for quality wines.
Pettavel seeks to appoint a Vineyard Manager to manage our vineyard in the Yarra Valley. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Vineyard Manager to oversee over 100 hectares of premium vineyard. The position has requirement for supervising other team members and contractors working for the business to achieve overall business goals.
The successful applicant ideally will be hands on, self motivated and an effective team player, have experience of working in a vineyard and preferably to have qualifications and relevant managerial experience.
A remuneration package commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience, will be offered. High quality accommodation is provided on site for the successful applicant.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong competency in all areas of vineyard operations including;
• Drafting and implementing of viticulture program with regular review
• Working with management to achieve budget and production goals, including crop forecasting
• Strength in leading a team and the ability to prioritize tasks to achieve objectives that maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Supervising team members and contractors on daily basis.
• Sound ability with tractors and agricultural machinery operation & maintenance
• Extensive vineyard experience and organization skills
• Hands on approach from pruning to harvesting
• Harvest operations - both mechanical and hand harvesting
• Machinery operations for all common vineyard operations
• Chemical handling and spray application qualifications
• Pest and disease monitoring & control
• Irrigation system operation & maintenance, and monitoring and repairing of the syste.
• Weed control with mechanical method or chemical method.
• Responsible for OH &S compliance and ensuring that all work activities are carried out in accordance with company procedures and policies.
The candidate needs to have excellent communication skills and good record keeping skills plus the use of standard office software packages
The candidate also needs to have a a valid driving license, first aid certificate and forklift license are advantages
Your application should address the responsibilities listed in the job description, and be forwarded with your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above. All applications and enquiries will be handled in confidence.
Employer Contact Information
Pettavel Pty Ltd
159 Muhlebach Road
Sutherlands Creek VIC 3331
View All Jobs From This Employer
Pettavel boosts historical root to 1842 when David Pettavel settled in Geelong Wine Region to pioneer in wine grape growing. Now, with three vineyards under the business, it is geared to further development in Yarra Valley with Iconic new winery and more premium wines for domestic and export sales.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2019
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD