Vineyard Operator - Cape Mentelle
Cape Mentelle Vineyards
331 Wallcliffe Road
Margaret River, WA 6285
Full Time - Permanent
Cape Mentelle Vineyard is proud to be one of Margaret River’s ‘founding three’ wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. There are 135 hectares under vine across three sites.
We’re looking for a Multi-site Vineyard Operator to join the team at Cape Mentelle. This opportunity will allow you to be part of a well-respected brand and work outdoors in a fulfilling work environment. As part of the team, you’ll further develop your skills through training and task diversity and uphold our culture of quality and safety. This is a hands-on role in the development and upkeep of the vineyards.
The key tasks of this role include, on all three of our vineyard sites:
• Tractor operations such as sweeping, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, spraying, cultivating,
harvester and chaser driving, netting
• Canopy management, pruning and vine training
• Irrigation system service and maintenance
• Accountability to follow best practices procedures of vineyard operations, processes and systems
• Supervision of Company casual vineyard staff when required
• Contributing to the quality and safety culture of Cape Mentelle
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
• Experience in vineyard and/or other operational agricultural enterprise
• A sound understanding of agronomic principles, with a preference for organic agriculture.
• Experience and will to work a mechanical and outdoor groundwork-based role
• Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and be part of a strong and cohesive team
• Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures
• Valid C Class Driver’s License
• Desirable: Valid HR / HC License, Forklift License, Chemcert accreditation, first aid training, organic experience
Employer Contact Information
Cape Mentelle Vineyards
PO Box 110 Margaret River
Cape Mentelle Vineyards is proud to be one of Margaret River’s ‘founding three’ wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. We aim to produce wines that capture a unique sense of place in every bottle. These characteristics are defined by our pristine coastal location, unique soils and 50 years of viticultural history.