Vineyard Operators - Marlborough
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
230 Jacksons Rd
Blenheim, MBH 7240
Full Time - Permanent
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.
We’re looking for Vineyard Operators to join the Cloudy Bay team at our Marlborough vineyard. This opportunity will allow you to be part of a sophisticated brand and work outdoors in a friendly work environment. As part of the team, you’ll develop your skills further with good training and task diversity and uphold our culture of quality and safety. As a Vineyard Operator, you’ll have a hands on role in the daily ground work required in the development and upkeep of the vineyards.
The key tasks of this role include:
• tractor operations such as vine and weed spraying, sweeping, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, cultivating, gondola driving
• canopy management, pruning and vine training
• irrigation management; service and maintenance of system
• accountability to follow best practices procedures of vineyard operations, process and systems
• supervision of contract vineyard labour and company casual vineyard staff when required
• contributing to the quality and safety culture of Cloudy Bay
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
• Experience in vineyard or other operational agricultural enterprise
• A sound understanding of viticultural principles and practices.
• Vigor in working a mechanical and groundwork based role
• Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and be part of a strong and cohesive team
• Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures
• Class 1 valid driver’s license.
• Desirable: Class 2, 4, W, F license. HASNO, Growsafe, Approved Handler certification.
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Cloudy Bay Vineyards
230 Jacksons Road
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.