Employers & Recruiters
249 Wilson Road
Rochester, VIC 3561
Vineyard Operator / Worker
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Timmering Vineyards is currently seeking an experienced vineyard worker to fill the role of Vineyard Supervisor. A long term, diligent person is required. who will grow the vineyard to achieve my aspirations as a high class, renowned grape provider.
The vineyard is located in the Heathcote GI in the northern area, adjacent to Rochester and is currently 260 acres under vine, with 40 of those acres currently being replanted. It is one of the largest vineyards in the renowned Heathcote area and all the fruit has always been sold to major wineries. The vineyard was first planted in 2002. Current plans are to extend the planted area to 400 acres over the immediate future.
The owner lives on site and has extensive experience in viticulture and the broader wine industry. He plays a significant role in the management of the day to day operations of the vineyard and his role is very hands on.
A very experienced viticultural advisor has been engaged, who provides all the decisions on vineyard, i.e. inputs, timing and advice. He also provides a monthly work program for the supervisor to coordinate.
The following is required for this position:
• The successful candidate will be extremely hands-on.
• Experience in vineyard operations is essential, but qualifications in viticulture not essential.
• Implementation of a viticultural program set by the viticulturist.
• Experience in all tractor and agricultural machinery operations.
• Hands on approach from pruning to harvesting.
• Irrigation scheduling, repair and maintenance.
• Current drivers licence, chemical handlers certificate, forklift and first aid certificate desirable.
The position offers the following:
• The opportunity to be part of an exciting role in the Heathcote wine story, that will grow as the vineyard expands to stake a position in this exciting wine region.
• All year-round work
• A remuneration package commensurate with your current qualifications and experience, with the opportunity to grow that considerably into the future.
• On site accommodation will be made available after a successful introductory period.
• A professional, experienced and successful team to be an integral part of.
Your application should address the criteria set out above and be forwarded with your CV and referees to:
PO Box 126
or via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Telephone queries can be directed to 0411 649 361
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Employer Contact Information
249 Wilson Road
Rochester VIC 3561
View All Jobs From This Employer
Heathcote Wine Producer
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2018
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD