Employers & Recruiters
Swansea, TAS 7249
Vineyard Operator / Worker
Application Closing Date
Full Time - Permanent
Light Domestic Travel
Apply for Job
Refer a Friend
Add To Favorites
Belbrook, a picturesque farm on the beautiful East Coast of Tasmania is seeking a motivated and energetic person to join our team in the role of Vineyard Supervisor as we expand our farming operations with an exciting new vineyard development. This project brings together the latest in vineyard technology, design and equipment for an initial 15ha planting in November 2018, with further expansion planned.
The Vineyard Supervisor, under viticultural direction, will be responsible for implementing work plans across the Belbrook Vineyard . This is a hands on role and as such the ability to operate machinery is essential. An excellent remuneration package will be negotiated with the right person commensurate to experience.
If you are excited about the Tasmanian wine industry and want to join our team please contact us for more information.
• To assist the Viticulturist and owner in effectively undertaking all tasks associated with grape production and vintage activities.
• Carry out work orders relating to manual tasks such as pruning, de-suckering, and canopy management as instructed by the Viticulturist.
• Operate and maintain vineyard plant and equipment in accordance with the Company’s OH&S policies/procedures, environmental stewardship guidelines and operational procedures. This includes tractors with implements such as fungicide & herbicide sprayers, slashers and vine trimmers.
• Operate and maintain drip irrigation systems
• Operate and manage frost protection systems
• Participate in regular reviews of quality management systems and procedures as part of a continuous improvement culture.
• Be aware of and work within Company guidelines in regard to Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Stewardship.
• Actively maintain the vineyard grounds ensuring a satisfactory level of presentation.
• Other tasks as required in line with overall responsibility and Company objectives.
• Undertake other general farm duties as specified from time to time
• 5 years previous vineyard experience, including cool climate regions.
• A current drivers license and previous tractor driving experience is essential.
• Good practical and basic mechanical skills.
• Computer competency.
• Forklift experience would be preferable.
• Must have Australian citizenship
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter via email using the 'APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.
Employer Contact Information
Swansea TAS 7249
View All Jobs From This Employer
Belbrook is a picturesque farm on the beautiful East Coast of Tasmania.
News & Special Offers
Copyright © 2018
All Rights Reserved
VINUM VITAE PTY LTD