Vintage Assistant Winemaker
23 Coppermine Rd
McLaren Vale, SA 5171
08 8323 6500
Job Start Date
Application Closing Date
VINTAGE / HARVEST
Mollydooker Wines is strongly committed to our vision of producing the best wine in the world and we are also committed to building a reputation of quality, integrity and dedication that is second to none. We are currently looking for a passionate Vintage Assistant Winemaker to join us as a vital member of our 2020 Winemaking team.
Based at our McLaren Vale Winery the position will be quite diverse and involves but is not limited to:
• Hands on work in the Winery
• Overseeing quality checking procedures including fruit intake and various other vintage processes
• Assisting with the winemaking plan and cellar note production
• Hands on wine analysis and interpretation of results
• Extended hours of work including weekend and public holiday work and possible shift work (afternoon shift) during the vintage period
• A start date of Monday 13th January 2020 through until the completion of the 2020 Vintage
The person we are looking for will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
• A degree in Oenology with good academic record and scientific knowledge
• A bright, cheerful, positive and humble attitude
• Good time management in performing a range of tasks from winemaking, laboratory and cellar operations
• You can work effectively in a team environment or independently
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• You are willing to work within the Mollydooker systems
A current drivers licence and reliable transport along with a forklift licence and / or confined space training is preferable as is one or more vintages in a similar role.
If you believe you have the skills and attributes we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your resume and a covering letter to Peter Tavella (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 27th September 2019.
Only Australian citizens or residents with work visas need apply.
Employer Contact Information
23 Coppermine Rd
Established in 2000, the Mollydooker Wines group is owned and operated by award winning Winemaker, Sarah Marquis. The Mollydooker Winery & Vineyard are located in McLaren Vale, sourcing grapes from the McLaren Vale, Langhorne Creek & Currency Creek regions to create award winning premium wines.