Vintage Winemaker (4 month contract)
181 Douglas Gully Road
McLaren Flat, SA 5171
08 8383 2000
Application Closing Date
VINTAGE / HARVEST
The purpose of the Vintage Winemaker is to support and assist the Customer Winemakers by playing an integral part in the winemaking requirements of a contract processing facility. This will be achieved by working in close consultation with Winemakers and Winery Operations Manager during Vintage to ensure ongoing workflow during afternoon/night shift.
The role will also be a hands on position with the aim of developing a passionate wine culture.
Vintage Winemaking Duties
• Fruit assessment for maturity, sugar and acid content and determine suitability for processing
• Handover to Winemakers each morning/evening with information to ensure they are aware of all decisions and
issues that exist.
• Prepare Crush Worksheets/Inoculation Worksheets
• Cellar support with a strong emphasis on Fermentation Management
• Temperature Control Management
• Update Worksheets to clear any blockages for fermentation information (in particular Saturday and
Sunday mornings prior to the fermentation rounds)
• Undertake Laboratory Analysis
• Undertake Analysis for Grape Samples from Weighbridge
• Other urgent Analysis as required
• Handover to Lab Coordinator – communicate any outstanding issues
• Working with the Cellar Team to complete the required day-to-day winery operations.
• Actively support a safe work environment by promoting quality-driven work practices, a high level of cellar
hygiene and general tidiness.
• Assist in the training and development of personnel through involvement in the team.
Other duties as from time to time may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Completed Oenology tertiary qualifications
• A minimum of 2 years Cellar experience working in an intense production environment with the ability to
disseminate information, analyse problems and make decisions.
• General computer skills – esp. Excel
• Developing leadership skills.
• Effectively communicate and articulate ideas in a team environment.
• The technical skills and knowledge to operate equipment used in winery operations.
• A high personal work ethic.
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent reading, writing and arithmetic skills.
• Winemaking and people management experience is preferable but not essential.
Working in a winery environment can be a physically demanding job and you will be required to participate in Cellar Operations.
• Lasting for approximately 4 months, it is expected that you will be required to work 12 hour shifts, 6 days per
week as part of the Winemaking Team. This role will involve working evening and night shifts over the harvest
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa.
Employer Contact Information
181 Douglas Gully Road
We are your classic one-stop shop.
From our twenty metres of professional tasting bench to the Vinpac bottling hall next door, give us your grapes and theres no need to step outside for anything. Bring your grapes in, and take your packaged wine away on pallets.